Dark Angels Vs Fallen Project

Mainly looking to try uploading pics with this.

Having read through most of Gav Thorpe’s amazing Dark Angel books I’ve decided to dedicate a shelf in the display cabinet to DA vs Fallen. It’s made of 2 main boxes, DA of Dark Vengeance box and the traitor half of the Blackstone Fortress boxes set. To set the scene there’s a few additions on each side including what I’m starting off with, a Chaos Knight

and also this little fella as part of a imperial unit allied with DA made up of Ratlings and Squats

2 Likes

Looking good!
Did you go for display only? Its so rewarding to find flow while listening to books or lore involving your current project. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks tjub

Yes the collection is based around display only, there is no legit matched play army list in there however there are multiple Kill Teams which I plan to use every now and again. The traitor legion from BF has its own rules for Kill Team and also I’ll have multiple Dark Angel and Fallen Space Marine Kill teams.

Speaking of the Fallen…

I’ve finished a couple of these too.

I think I may enter these into an Armies on Parade this year

2 Likes

Ah, cool! Think Ill try and enter something for Armies in Parade this year as well. I always forget about it until its too late… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m jealous of your very clean technique! Awesome stuff, mate!

1 Like

Thank you Xander, I’m purposefully heading back to basics with these, box art clean paint job just to build up hours of painting again and actually finishing projects. One day, maybe AoS stuff I was to concentrate on that Grim Dark AoS28 style and find where I’m best, probably somewhere in between, with the Grim Dark method though I’m very cautious of the creativity involved as I often get lost in the many ideas and that leads to things not getting done

1 Like