Darkforged 2024 - April [Heroes]

Post images of progress on your Hero units for Darkforged 2024 campaign!

A bit late starting this post, sorry about that!

Here are the Heroes that I’m working on this month!

6 Likes

I am currently away from home doing some incredibly badass research (just crabs) and will not be able to start until next week.

But I have gotten my greasy hands on the old Chorf Hero, so that will be my contribution for april.

2 Likes

.Here is my contribution for April.

Also a little late. But in just 2 hours I managed to get a bit done.

4 Likes

Looking good, dude!

1 Like

Thank you very much,
The mini is also really good to paint, I hope I still find the days time as well as to paint further and base to tinker

Finished painting my hero today (also started hehe). Assembly was just gluing him to his base, so no fancy pics there.

Will base him tomorrow and soon write lore.

I am happy because this fig has been my white whale for so long. The one dwarf I did not have.

4 Likes

it is the most beautiful miniature of the Chaos Dwarfs, expressive and an epic pose.
Your painting fits really well, the yellow is also something different.

2 Likes

Soo, after a few days I’m finished with my hero.
I have to say, the mini from Wolfbaneart is really beautiful.

Once again, I realize that my photo setup needs to be overhauled. The camera of the cell phone is not satisfying, but I hope you like it anyway.

4 Likes

He looks fantastic! :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you! He is the only one with an actual pose other than weapons raised. Makes him look very leaderly!

How could it be otherwise, a new miniature first needs a game to settle in.

And that’s what I had yesterday, the paint and glue had just dried and I was already off to battle. I only have a few pictures because we conceal mistakes rather than bear witness to them…

The Chaos Dwarves with a very small number of warriors went into battle alongside the treacherous Dark Elves (who were also to blame for the inglorious end of the expedition).

It was against undead hordes of goth kings and vampires.

Well, I had fun but I need new slaves and troops

Summary

Here we go!

LORE:
Graktan “Goldenclaw” Rhutakh

First son of the noble house of Rhutakh, castellans of the Spire of Tusks, Graktan Goldenclaw has proven himself to be one of the Sorcerer Prophet’s most useful subjects. Born to a family of high status, his first years were spent in his father, the late Malak Rhutakh’s shadow. The beardling followed his father everywere he went. Thus he learned all the tricks of a ruthless castellan. He learned how to crush rebellions, discipline vassals and the fine art of cowing slaves to his will.

The only trait he did not pick up from his father was his obsession with trophies. It is said that every rival foolish enough to stand in the Goldenclaws way end up as a living mold, on to which liquid gold is poured to make the most amazing statues. Thus Graktans hall is lined with the terrified visages of his previous foes.

He did of course not stay in his fathers shadow forever. It was not long after the day that Graktan was considered mature, that his own father, jealous of Graktan’s wealth, reputation and household declared him a rival.

As castellan of the Tower of Skulls, Graktan always has his plate full with work. But whenever he feels overwhelmed, he looks down on the gilded form of his screaming father, and becomes content.

6 Likes

After the good Drexxl has written something I also wanted to write some background to my model

Zraakh the Orc Crusher

Zraakh comes from one of the clans that are heavily involved in the procurement of labour in the Dark Lands. The ruling wizard prophet of his clan recognised his magical powers at an early age and began teaching him the dark arts. However, he soon realised that his “pupil” was learning quickly, too quickly, and thus gaining power. So he soon sent the still young Zraakh on expeditions to procure slaves for the forges. Less in the hope of obtaining many slaves, the troops were sent with Zraakh into the Eastern Mountains to hunt down scattered Black Orcs and possibly requisition some of the affiliated greenskins.

The battle against the Black Orcs took a bloody toll on the slave catchers under Zraakh, but he managed to defeat the charging hordes of Black Orcs with a banner pole torn from a wagon and adorned with an imposing iron bull’s head when he smashed the boss’s armoured skull with the banner pole.

Since that day, he has carried the banner pole, which he has now remodelled as a hammer, around with him as a weapon, just like his new name, which the few surviving slave hunters gave him.

3 Likes

Well done you guys! Great lore.

I’ve procrastinated somewhat and am working to complete my heroes tonight. Just finished a lunchtime session.

I guess my neck last week, which sorry of made painting a non starter for 6 or 7 days.

Deadlines always motivate me though, so I should be able to finish tonight. :muscle:

2 Likes

My Heroes!

Mhargul, Master of Metalurgy

Mhargul is the Lord of mines surrounding Mingol Gorgoth. He is obsessed with the alchemical sciences of metallurgy, endlessly combining raw metals to form new alloys with unique properties. Mhargul guards his secrets greedily and never wholly divulges his arcane processes to any single individual; instead, his various servants will only perform various steps in the forging process before another group takes over.

4 Likes