Denelian5 - Chaos Dwarfs in the 9th age

Thanks! Prepping for another run of uploads tomorrow hopefully. My goal is to run out of WIP pics so I only have painting left^^

1 Like

Yep, proudly stole the idea from another one of the blogs here (can’t remember which one at the moment thou) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing this project advance! I really like the Bull Centaur hero’s banner, it looks awesome.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought so too some 10 years ago when I painted it ^^ I’m not sure I’ll keep it “as is” thou, as I feel the overall proportions are a bit off… But we’ll see down the line :slight_smile:

Wow! Some really amazing conversions in these. I’m a huge fan of your hobgoblin wolf riders and bolt throwers. They look amazing. What did you use for the base of the bull centaur conversions? They look perfect next to the old 3rd Ed models. And those Giants! Well done!

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this?

1 Like

Maybe from my thread! :wink:

1 Like

Oh wow. Just worked out how to see the pics. Fantastic conversions all round. My favourite have to be the wolf riders though. Those mounts are awesome!

1 Like

Thanks, the wolf riders are a favorite of mine too. I love the Ooglah Khan DoW unit and the old Chaos Warhounds, so a combination must be even better ^^

The base for the Bull Centaurs are… Da da da: Orc plastic boars with all fur trimmed of, body and legs cut in half and elongated and trimmed with knife into a suitable base. And then green stuffed and modeled after the old metal bull body. Not all of them are perfect but they look the part I think. Completed with BFSP dwarf bodies, chaos warrior shields and khorn blood-something-warrior weapons.

Now if I had been smart, I’d have made one or maybe two different bull bodies and learnt how to cast them. But thats too easy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yup, that’s the one :slight_smile: Great idea, thank you!

Hmm maybe I should add a line about that for ease of use… Yup those mounts are awesome ^^ some of the saddles are a bit… odd in their placement :slight_smile: but all old sins are forgiven, eh?

Awesome to read your steps through the conversion process. Really impressive work.

EDIT: Definitely snagging the summary tabs method for army list on my blog. Thanks
@Zanko & @denelian5

1 Like

I’ve thought of getting of all my WiP’s fiished too but the amount of work scared me off, so I started something else.
These look great so far, thanks

1 Like

Thanks! Yup work seems daunting at (most) times :confused: Got a few more WIP pics coming soon, but then I have no more excuse for not painting, except for a swamped “real life” at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Impressive green stuff work! This will be an epic army once finished… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely. I hope you get a playable lot painted soon. I like to play T9A as well, it is a great game and Infernal Dwarfs are a nice army there.

1 Like

@tjub Thanks! That sure is something coming from you :slight_smile: I’m especially proud of my Bound Daemon cannon/hellcannon and my Minaret of Doom (though unfinished as of yet) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well hope is the last thing that leaves us they say :wink:

Fantastic start, Denelian! Marvellous work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great sculpting work! It looks marvellous. I especially admire your Incarnates. That sculpted hat is a beauty!

1 Like

*Update

So I exchanged the pictures for the Minaret of Doom for slightly better ones (I think). I also updated the posts with pictures of my second Prophet on Temple Lammasu 2, my Hobgoblin Chieftain on Wolf x2 WIP, Astragoth WIP, Vizier 3 WIP, Citadel Guard with Flintlocks WIP, Disciples of Lugar WIP and finally my Gunnery Teams WIP.

I know I’m slow at updating, but that’s life :wink: I’ll at least try to keep moving forward slowly :slight_smile:

I’ll try to take pictures of my updated Infernal Warrior unit and post them in the forseeable future. New hats for everyone!