Digging up the past

A recent conversation had me thinking about the old HoH and CD forums. I joined both back in 2007 and couldn’t ever remember my username.

Long story short, after checking on the old CD forum and member list I finally found my old username. I wasn’t as active as I’d liked but it was cool to see I joined 02-13-2007 under the name DragonX…I even have one of Xander’s cool avatars from back in the day.

Of course this also allowed me to log in to BarterTown.com under the same username and reeeeeaaallllyy old password which was still active. This won’t be as neat for anyone else. It’s just like looking back at yourself 17 years younger… Seeing all of my PMs where I sold off my original Big Hats is kind of sad though.

Thanks for making it this far haha.

9 Likes

Nice!! I spent well over a year lurking before creating my account at the end of June 2009. So great to see one of the old avatars!

4 Likes

I lurked for far too long before and after I joined. I loved HoH and CD back then, it got me through a lot of boring work days during my first job out of college. The discussions and lore are to blame for my 17 year obsession with chorfs…

I don’t know if the picture is right but I was #23 :smiley: . The difference in post count between Xander and me is kind of funny.

3 Likes

Slightly off topic…I wonder if there are any of the ‘Council of 13’ left? This was the forerunner of HoH, which was the forerunner of CD-Online, which was the forerunner of here!

TBH, I never actually like that place much. It was a bit elitist and very RPG orientated, rather than wargames. However, there were some cool imaginative people, with cool ideas.

3 Likes

@MichaelX is able to tie archive posts to modern user accounts under at least some circumstances.

3 Likes

You can almost trace CDO’s history as well as the progression of style in Chorfs…

Each had a vague beginning that evolved into what we love.

1 Like