Dwarf Shrapnel Cannon from Titan Wargames released

Why hasn’t anyone written that Baggronor has released a new model yet!!?!!

Looks awesome, imo! :cd1980:

Edit:
The model has been ordered! :smiley:

15 Likes

@Baggronor youve outdone yourself here mate! Was following the wips of this on FB. Great stuff

2 Likes

Has eye patch, Reaver presses like.

4 Likes

Glorious new release! Good detailwork. I hadn’t seen it before now.

Wow the quality in these sculpts rivals the great Kev Adams for me, hats off mate they look incredible

1 Like

Nyyyaaaarrrrr 'tis gooood!!

2 Likes

Lovely model

My cannon arrived in the post a few days ago, and I’ve already started assembling it. I’ve started mounting the crew on my usual 20mm square weighted bases (with a fender washer glued under the base), and I’m mounting the cannon on a 50mm square base, so they match up with the rest of my Tenth Legion force. I actually mounted the gun shield, as I would think most crews would want some sort of shield between them and whatever is coming at them.

I also got another batch of the cave goblins (thank goodness they’re still metal, as plastic models have no heft to them). Here’s hoping Titan releases more models along this line, and maybe even some of the critters mentioned in Thommy H’s fiction pieces on the Titan site.

5 Likes

I finished my Shrapnel Cannon a number of months ago and was duly impressed with how well it came out. Sadly, I’ve yet to get to put it on the game board and use it. Rules-wise, I’ve used the old warscroll for the Flame Cannon (another old fav from my 1990s era Dwarf Army), as I picture it working like an old-fashioned cannon firing canister or a ‘beehive’ round, which would be like a huge shotgun shell, and so it would be different from the other Artillery options used by the Chaos Dwarfs.

Shrapnel Cannon

War Machine

Move: * Missile Weapons Range Attacks To Hit Wound Rend Damage
Wounds: 5 Shrapnel Blast * See Table Below
Save: 4+ Melee Weapons
Bravery: -

War Machine Crew Table
Models within 1” Move Shrapnel Blast
3 models 4” 24”
2 models 3” 18”
1 model 2” 12”
No models 0” 0”

Crew

Move: 4” Missile Weapons Range Attacks To Hit Wound Rend Damage
Wounds: 1
Save: 5+ Melee Weapons
Bravery: 6 Crew Tools 1” 1 4+ 5+ - 1

Description: A Shrapnel Cannon consists of a single war machine that can belch a devastating Shrapnel Blast, and a unit of 3 Duardin Crew equipped with Tools.

Abilities:

Dawi Zharr Artillery: A Shrapnel Cannon can only move if its Crew are within 1" at the start of the movement phase. If its Crew are within 1" of the Shrapnel Cannon in the shooting phase, they can fire the war machine. The war machine cannot make charge moves, does not need to take battleshock tests and is unaffected by any attack or ability that uses Bravery. The Crew are in cover while they are within 1" of their war machines.

Shrapnel Blast: When firing a Shrapnel Blast, pick a unit within range to suffer D3 mortal wounds. After firing a Shrapnel Blast, roll a dice; on a 1, 2 or 3, the flames die out and the unit you shot suffers no further damage, but on a 4+ it is set ablaze and suffers another D3 mortal wounds before the flames are extinguished.

Rune of Burning: A Shrapnel Blast inflicts D6 mortal wounds on the target instead of D3 if the target unit has 20 or more models (it will also inflict an additional D6 mortal wounds instead of D3 if the unit is set ablaze, as described in Shrapnel Blast).

A pity the modern rules don’t simply use the old teardrop-shaped template, as it would be more appropriate.

1 Like