Dwarvish Mesopotamia

Great conversions, all of them. For me, the spear unit with the Khemri shields is particularly fascinating. Every detail in that conversion is a perfect fit. I‘m looking forward to seeing them painted! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi there. Im v impressed with your conversions particularly the spearman cd unit and the bull centaurs. I dont recognise the parts you used to build them. Please post what models you used. Cheers. Keep up the nice work

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I will try to upload more pictures soon, depending on how much I have got done since last time haha!

Which Bull Centaurs do you mean? The big ones? Or the little ones?

The Spear unit though is built from:

-Dwarf Hammerer Body and arms
-Dark Eldar Wrack Faceplate on a fitting bald head
-Tomb King Skeleton Shield
-Dark Elf Spearmen Spear
-Banner top is from one of the Fyreslyer characters, and the pole is a Chaos Warrior One

They will need shoulderpads, but that comes later.

2 Likes

Jupp, superb conversions! Impressive use of parts… The shorter beards make them look really sharp as well. Havent seen conversions using the neither Blood Bowl Dwarves och Stormcasts before. :heart_eyes:

Btw, given that you have used so many AoS and “new” parts for conversions here, do you have any plans for the upcoming Lumineth Realmlords? Im their hats could be very useful… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Top conversions, distinctive style, and unusual builds to boot! What’s not to like?

Aye, the bull hats must be reclaimed for consecrated stunty use. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Yes the shorter more “realistic” beards really do help sell the army as a more grounded force visually. I am looking at changing the Blood Bowl models, as I don’t think their armour fits in very well with my army, so instead I will use the same heads and shields on a different body.

The Stormcast-built Taurukhs need better weapons if I am honest. They break ALL the time…

The Luminoth bull hats I find interesting, but not sure how big they are or how well they will fit. Would love to get a good look at them in person though. If I could get enough, I would flatten the back and use the bull heads on my Immortals somewhere for sure.

1 Like

Some amazing conversions here. Really captures the look and feel of a Mesopotamian army. Love the Lammasu conversion. Just beautiful, and a brilliant use of models for the conversion. Many other lovely models in the photos, especially your character conversions. My only comment is that the rocket launcher still looks a bit too high tech and needs something more to bring it into the era. Will be following this army. Excellent work!

2 Likes

Thank you! I just wish I had some appropriate scenery for them, but can’t put the cart before the horse… so they will have to come later.

The Rocket Battery does have a whiff of hi-tech, but I have done some small things to bring it down to earth (It’s just hard to see as it is pure black from the spray paint). But I have removed some parts to make it look less muddled, added some Mesopotamian icons, shaved 40k insignias and covered some parts up. So hopefully once it has more paint on it, it will look better.

Could you post some more pics of your Lammasu?

1 Like

:point_up_2:t2: yes please, Lammasu looks incredible

Congrats on the conversions all around, those old longbeard minis look great, I knew this style would be right up @Admiral street

Looking forward to more

1 Like

I will once it’s light enough. Right now it’s too dark and unnatural light is awful on the white fur and feathers.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :smiley:

1 Like

That’s one epic project! Love all the customisation and little details.

1 Like

Thank you :D. I try my best.

Ok, here are the better Lamassu pictures people wanted, let’s see if they come out ok.

10 Likes

The model looks very chic! From which manufacturer is it, or did you build it yourself?

1 Like

That’s brilliant! Inspirational

1 Like

It’s the Games Workshop flying goat-thing from the Stormcast Eternals. I loved the model and felt it was perfect for a Lamassu, once it had its head & rider swapped.

And thank you for all the comments! They mean a lot :smiley:

3 Likes

Love it, is the head sculpted? Sorry if your repeating with that one, feel like it’s already been said but I’ve had a quick scroll up and couldn’t spot it :grimacing:

1 Like

Don’t worry, nobody asked before.

It’s not sculpted. It’s Magnus the Red’s head with a pair of horns from a chaos chariot. Plus some sculpting to make the beard and the rim around the horns.

3 Likes

:exploding_head:
That is perfect, with the new Forgeworld stuff I’ve got there are some inherently Chaos Dwarfs things that are missing. One was Astrogoth, I have plans for him. The other was Lammasu and I was drawing a complete blank on how and what to do for that and for me you have knocked this out of the park, it really is the perfect blend of models, to mix those minis together like this is better than the Raging Heroes model even.

Much kudos, incase you can’t tell I’m a big fan of this and when I eventually get through the minis I have and make my way to this I will drawing my inspiration from this :+1:t2:

Cheers

2 Likes

Great conversion, I was looking at the Tauralon for a Great Taurus conversion. Can I ask how easy it is to de-stormcast?

1 Like