Dwerrow Zharr -13th Oct - Mini Magma

Would be an epic match up. (I’d insist on 28mm versus 15mm though haha)

1 Like

Work in progress chaos dwarf with flame thrower. Probably part of a multi base “counts as” magma cannon :slight_smile:

16 Likes

As an idea for a low-tech-themed magma cannon, I like it very much!

2 Likes

20 more warriors take to the field!

16 Likes

Good to see mantics abysmal dwarfs get some love. They look great. Very atmospheric photos

1 Like

The idea with the “Magma Cannon” is really ingenious, I would never have thought of it! I look forward to seeing the finished result. :metal:

2 Likes

Today I finished a petrified sorcerer unit filler (who will serve as a special character in a narrative event I have coming up) and a token for deathshrieker rockets.

16 Likes

How much of this ISNT hand sculpted. It ALL looks like custom! Excellent work! The smoke trail on that mortar round…is that translucent or am i just sleep deprived?

1 Like

very little hand sculpting. :slight_smile:

The smoke is from an ogre model with a cannon a mate printed for me ages ago. The rocket itself is an imperial guard mortar. So no sculpt there- just out bash.

The frozen sorcerer is a member of the old school minis cannon crew painted like ice with sculpted icicles on him and the shield. The shield is from a chaos warrior. The goblins are from the hobbit with arms slightly repositioned to hold the shield up.

The paint on the rocket trail could not be easier. It’s tesseract glow going into ork flesh going into black. It’s then flecked with white and yellow to give it some variety. The only hard big was painting the checks on the rocket. It’s tiny!

5 Likes

Aweome thread! How could I’ve missed it? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

late to the party but this is so cool!

EDIT: and i love the rocket marker! very cool!

3 Likes

A perfect model doesn’t exi-

18 Likes

this model is my spirit animal.

7 Likes

Awesome conversions and paint jobs here. The Hell cannon is amazing. Really works that you’ve given it a similar head/eye to the ass cannon! The plunger wielding crewman is likewise awesome. Really like the idea behind the flame/magma cannon as well. Look forward to seeing that one finished. Cheers!

2 Likes

Mini Magma Cannon joins the horde!

18 Likes

I always enjoy your chaos dwarf stuff. You have painted lots of manufacturers stuff. Have you worked out what your favourite is?
(Tbh this would be a good forum wide question too)

1 Like

No favourites to be honest! Every sculptor brings their own something to the table. Plus every sculptor has excellent and okay efforts so it’s hard to say who is “best” as it were. I do love the fact I’m slowly chewing through the metal models in my collection. Ideally I’d like to run while armies of them some day without the plastic troops I converted early on. The metals are all more individual, weird and chaotic overall.

4 Likes