Dwerrow Zharr -13th Oct - Mini Magma

@Zoddtheimmortal suggested improving the whirlwind with some gears and bits. So I channeled my inner @Reaver and went down the shed looking for little steampunky looking pieces to use. Not too much - these dudes can’t be too high tech.

I think it adds quite a bit!

7 Likes

Nice one. Im suggesting far too much to you at this point. Ill say 1 last one, ignore if you dont fancy it.

You could put 1 more bolt in the big washer hole (sounds rude) and use 1 more linky -thing and have it come out close to the inside of the wheel. Have something stick out from inside of wheel and something sticking out from the linky-thing. Then link the big washer bolt to the existing bolt.

So as the centaur pushes forward the wheel revolutions cause the spiky hat spiny thing to turn. Just an idea…

1 Like

It’s like you’ve narrated my brain while gluing together minis.

3 Likes

You’ve given the actual running of this machine a lot more thought than I have haha. And I respect that - you’re thinking like a true daemonsmith

4 Likes

Great looking unit, love the theme. I might actually steal the idea of putting chaos warrior heads on regular dwarf bodies.

2 Likes

It works surprisingly well doesn’t it @Anzu !

3 Likes

Started work on the paint test for the first of my goblin slaves. 25 minute speed paint. (Will be quicker per figure when batch painting

This is using my new favourite hobby product - streaking grime by AK interactive

So first I chucked base colours on the model, very sloppily.

Then I hit it up with the grime.

Then using mineral spirits and a cotton bud I removed some of the grime

Finally I gave him some
Rough and ready highlights.

Is this model going to win any competitions? Hell no. But does he look like a dirty little slave? I hope so! Can I paint 20 of these in an afternoon now? Easily! Haha

9 Likes

Your sloppy goblin is a better standard than i can do at my best. Very nice :hashut:

3 Likes

What a delightful army, concepts and determination to vary the hobby experience with different nuances of Chaos Dwarfs. The conversions work well, and this has a lot of promise for a full army look later on. Good choice of model for frost goblins. Lovely Whirlwind conversion as well! Great use of @ATOM 's boar centaur, especially for this army. It will fit the aesthetic well with that skull on top of its head. Very nice background writings, and kudos to @Zoddtheimmortal for providing such a plethora of useful advice. Also, it is satisfying to see more work delving into Chaos Dwarf acitivities up north.

You’re off to a great start, @Oxymandias! I look forward to follow your progress into insanity and Chaos. :wink:

Cheers

2 Likes

First unit of goblins finished!

13 Likes

Fantastic job, amazing work

2 Likes

They look utterly ragged, cold and mean. Good job! :+1:

2 Likes

They look very wretched indeed. If they are hobgoblins, im not sure you could get more impoverished for enslaved gobbos. You could also make a chaos dwarf slave driver at the back of the unit just for fun too : )

1 Like

Not sure what stats they will use yet. I’m bidding on a large lot right now. If I get them these will be sneaky gits and I’ll convert up loads to be spear and shield looking ones for regular ground pounders

Cpmodels do norse dwarves. The shaman looks the part for your army. Not sure if he is tall enough? £2 though…

1 Like

@Zoddtheimmortal ill have a look!

We are joined by a sorcerer from Titan Wargames. I think this is sculpted by our very own @Baggronor ? Correct me if I’m wrong!

8 Likes

Very nice, a great fit with the Hobgoblins

2 Likes

You are indeed right! :slight_smile:
Great painting as well, Id love to get my hands on those goblins…

1 Like

you’d have to be quick! @Oxymandias is building a horde army with them it seems :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like