EFD's "Night on Grey Mountain" [BATG2023]

Thanks Anzu! I’m not confident yet with my tank painting so I appreciate the compliment!

I have a homebrew planet called “Rythnia” that my Imperial guard hail from. Most of the collection is just standard Cadians, but I have some slightly converted ones with Victoria Miniatures heads and backpacks as well. They have blue flak armour.

Speaking of which, I’ve painted eight more of them:

And here is the completed unit of 10 with an extra lasgun and a melta:

Which brings me now to 95 painted Cadian-style guardsmen (!!!) in this scheme. I will probably make an Astra Militarum blog at some point to show them all off.

Meanwhile, my first purchase of the year arrived today!

Ten Genestealer Cult Neophyte Hybrids, who will be converted into some rougher-looking guardsmen to play Horus Heresy with, as either Solar Auxilia or Imperial Militia if that PDF is ever released.

I caught the ”new year, new army” bug over Christmas, while sick in spent most of my spare time staring at Malcadors and converted Heresy-era infantry. That being said, it’s not really a new army if they can all fit into my existing Imperial Guard collection, right?

There’s ten more Neophytes in the mail, so I’ll have to paint quickly if I’m going to avoid the trap I fell into last year - hopefully I can stay strong and paint another unit or two by end of January.

BATG score: +1 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

5 Likes