EvilFuzzyDoom in "Clear that backlog!" [BATG 2022]

Today I finished the batch of Imperial Guard I’ve been working on, and feeling very glad that I decided early on to count rebasing as completion!

I painted up 22 guard models from scratch (20 infantry and 2 officers) for my newer Astra Militarum force started in 2020, called the Rythnian 108th “Ventilators” (because they come from a planet with endemic lung problems and because they fill their enemies full of holes, I did not know how big a thing that would be when I started!).

I also did the bases for 15 guardsmen (1 officer, 4 veterans, 10 regulars) who are part of my older Imperial Guard force, the Rythnian 6th.

I’m really happy with the newer paint scheme that I used on the Ventilators (almost all contrast and washes), I think it looks much better than the more-traditional scheme i used on the 6th.

For some side-by-side comparison, here’s a member of the 6th painted in 2009, the test model for the Ventilators (2020) and one of the batch-painted Ventilators I just finished:

I very much prefer the look of the latest model, and not just because I’ve gotten better in the last decade!

Little edit to add lightbox pictures!

That’s thirty-seven models finished, to start offsetting the massive step back HeroQuest made in my counts!

(It looks like I had already marked off the command squad as complete, so there’s a slight discrepancy in Figure Case)

BATG score: 64 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf score: -58 :white_check_mark:

6 Likes