EFD's "Night on Grey Mountain" [BATG2023]

You’re not wrong, I’ve decided to keep a tally of sold items in detail as well as painted & purchased. These models for sure haven’t been in my “to paint” pile for years, but I’ll keep them on the radar in case I opt to include sold items in the main count.

Today’s update though, is this chappy:

A Justaerin terminator for my Sons of Horus. A full squad of five is on my desk at the moment, but I wanted to finish one before polishing the others up, just to get an idea of the workflow.

Contrast paints are doing a lot of the work here, with Basilicanum Grey as the all-over basecoat, followed by picking out the red parts with white before slapping Black Legion on everything else. Then I based the gold in brown before layering up the red and applying the metallics. Red and gold got a wash of Targor Rageshade, silvers got a wash of Basilicanum Grey, and then I did a very subtle edge highlight on the armour with Incubi Darkness.

The photo isn’t great, but in person there’s a nice coolness to the colour scheme despite all the red & gold.

The other four will follow at some point!

BATG score: +5 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

4 Likes