EvilFuzzyDoom in "Clear that backlog!" [BATG 2022]

Uh… bought more stuff.

2 Corpse Carts arrived from GW direct for my Cities of Sigmar, I’m going to convert them into Scourgerunner Chariots with Cawdor Crossbowmen for crew:

I’m counting them as 5 “effort” each in Figure case, and they’re going to eat up a lot of parts that I’m currently counting as “unassembled” - so getting them built and painted will make a nice dint in my detailed tally (if not my official score). Until then, though…

LATER: I also “built” (removed from sprue) some Octarius terrain, and realised that I hadn’t entered the rest of the terrain into Figure Case correctly:

Current BATG Score: +8 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Current Shame Score: +8 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

4 Likes

Undercoated some stuff:

• Cawdor executioner
  • Loonboss on Giant Squig (re-undercoated, so no score movement)
  • 20 Hobgrot Slittaz
  • Bull Centaur (5 effort)

No movement on the BATG or Shame Golf score but it’s made some movement from Assembled → In Progress

Current BATG Score: +8 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Current Shame Score: +8 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

6 Likes

Completed Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig!

I’m happy to see it done when it’s been undercoated pure white for ages and just needed a zenithal prime and some contrast paint.

No lightbox today, I’ve tidied up the bench where I usually take photos. He’ll be part of a Gobbo family photo at some point.

I also put together the Mind Sphiranx that donated its spare head to Checlis, and did some work on the Cawdor “Greatswords” that only moved the unassembled → assembled needle a little bit:

But I’m very glad to see that “unassembled” number drop below 500!

BATG score: +7 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf score: +7 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

6 Likes

I’ve painted my first Hobgrot (testing the colour scheme, messing around with technique a bit:

A bit more info in my Plog:

BATG score: +6 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf score: +6 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

7 Likes

January wrap-up

My first update that purely affects the Shame Golf score.

Last week I sold a Chaos Knight (the one who donated his head to Checlis), and today I sold some Stormcast Liberators - I was briefly planning to steal @Tyranno ’s idea of combining Slave to Darkness Chariot horses with Stormcast bodies but I decided I liked the scale of Mournfang centaurs better.

That means 6 models sold, taking my Shame Golf score down to 0, but sadly it doesn’t effect my BATG score.

As a general update, I still have the first 10 Hobgrots on my painting table waiting for the weather (and my health) to calm down long enough for me to paint some more of them. I’ve also got some Fellwaters Troggoths prepped for an undercoating day, and my Sigmarites waiting for some greenstuff and some base magnets. Again, all a little on hold just at the moment.

I do think the big victory so far is that I haven’t actually bought anything new since the first week of January (the corpse carts). Accountability works! If I keep promising myself that I can’t buy anything new until my BATG score is back down below 0, then maybe I’ll find myself fitter, younger, wealthier and more vibrant! It may even keep the promise…

Shame Golf score: 0 :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Sold two more models: a Nurgling base and Fernando Pizarro. With that I’m below par on Shame Golf! Now to do some actual painting…

(Looks like I never added the Nurglings to Figure Case.)

Shame golf score: -2 :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

I’ve been feeling pretty awful this last week, but pushed myself to get a little bit done nonetheless.

I painted two more Hobgrots (more details on my Chaos Dwarf log)

And I undercoated the rest of my Fellwater Troggoths:

Hopefully I’ll find the energy to paint the Troggoths soon, I’m not really enjoying the Hobgrots but I really want to get some painting done.

Current overall situation:

BATG score: +4 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame golf score: -4 :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Okay, taking a break from Hobgrots, I got a lot done today that I’ve been meaning to do for ages.

I added magnets to the bases of my Cities of Sigmar guys, and to the bases of my Undead skirmish/Mordheim warband. I’m relieved I can actually put them away properly, and I’m really looking forward to blasting through the Undead warband with contrast paints. I still need to decide on a colour scheme before I can really get started on the Sigmarites, though.

I also did some modelling work: did some fiddling with the crew of my Celestial Hurricanum/War Altar, did a little repair work on a Khorne Berzerker, and built a proof of concept rifleman out of a Flagellant and a Skitarii rifle.

After all that, I painted a Grot shaman for my Gloomspite Gitz, since I wanted to get something done which moves at least one of my scores today!

Ugh, I’ve got to make space to set up my lightbox again.

Anyway, here’s the numbers for this update:

BATG score: +3 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf Score: -5 :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

Another weekend day, some more modelling work.

First, I mostly-assembled my War Altar (Celestial Hurricanum) for my Cities of Sigmar army:

I don’t normally paint in subassemblies but this thing is just too fiddly for me to think I’ll get away without it. I’ve temporarily based the priest and the poor souls pulling it, and the statue is magnetised to detach for storage purposes. I’m counting it as assembled for now, since it’ll only get glued together completely just before the final painting stages.

I also filled the gaps in the bases on 20 Gloomspite Shootaz. No pictures, because that’s pretty boring.

However, since I had the putty out, I couldn’t let myself ignore the 2-hand weapon-wielder who’s been sitting on my desk for weeks:

I also decided to start work on giving him some friends.

Lastly, I put some paint on the next 7 Hobgrots. This is nowhere near finished, I just thought they might feel easier if I started batching out their basecoats. Time will tell.

Not a lot of movement on the scores today, but the Hurricanum/Altar counts for 10 in Figure Case, the Dwarf counts for 2 (because they’re all conversions, all my Chaos Dwarfs count for 2) and I can also take 2 flagellants out of the “assembled” pool now that I’ve allocated them to pull the wagon.

Shame Golf score: -5 :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

Aaaaand I bought a Marshcrawla Sloggoth to ally into my Gloomspite.

Counts for 5 effort:

Shame golf score: -4 :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

ah GW’s cart titan

2 Likes

Wow. I very much regret Googling that :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

I briefly got excited about rejuvenating my Khorne space marine collection and ordered two Chaos Spawn off eBay before I could come to my senses:

Fortunately for the count they’re preassembled and I’m not at all unhappy with the thickness of the paint on them, so I’m just going to hit them with a red contrast paint and call them done.

1 effort each, straight to “In Progress”:

Shame Golf score: -2 :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

So, I got some hobby time in over the last few days and I’m still working my way through my first ten Hobgrots. I love the way the finished models look but ARGH I hate painting them. They’re finicky and the dangly things get in the way and the level of of detail demands time and attention that this chaff unit simply doesn’t deserve.

So here’s six almost-finished Hobgrots and four finished Hobgrots:

Meanwhile, that stray bolt of Khornespiration is still rattling around in my head. I’ve updated two of my early-2000s Khorne Berzerkers to be unit champions with power fists.

And now that you’ve seen my 2000s-era paint jobs you’ll understand why I’m calling these spawn done with only a head swap and painted bases.

Finally, while fiddling around in my big old box of Khorne I found a counting error in my Khorne Berzerkers: 2 more total, and 6 more painted than I had in Figure Case. So we’re looking at this:

Shame Golf score: -5 :white_check_mark:

9 Likes

Blitz update, because life is chaotic right now due to moving house at fairly short notice:

• bought Privateer Press’ Barnabus the Conqueror because I NEED the model to represent a LARP character I occasionally bring back.
  • got green stuff onto the gaps of the bases of 23 Moonclan Grots, so I can get around to rebasing them for AOS.
  • attached magnets to a bunch of stuff so that they can be put away for moving day.
  • was hoping to get the Hobgrots done before the move but it looks like I won’t have time.

Tiny movement on the counts, but very important in the long run.

Shame Golf score: -4 :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

I picked up another model:

:grin::grin::grin:

He needs a lot of love, but I’m pretty happy to have a real (probably) Lammasu in my collection.

I have decided that the first thing to work on after unpacking is going to be a unit of Moonclan Grots which needed rebasing - they’re all built, I just need to get paint on them. That should significantly help my BATG score!

BATG score: +5 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf score: -3 :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

This update has been a little while coming, and it’s a little bit of a cheat, but I finished rebasing a unit of Grots today and they totally count:

23 little Moonclan buddies have been moved from “In Progress” to “Complete” and BOY does it feel good. They all got some touching up, too, so I have no guilt about counting them in my BATG score :smiley:

Additionally, I painted the Bull Centaur that I built six months ago.

More about him in my Chaos Dwarf blog.

EDIT to add lightbox pictures:

Very happy to get some big movement in the score today, even if it’s been a long time coming!

That’s 24 models in the bank, and an additional bonus point on the Shame Golf score for completing a unit of 5 or more models. We’re in the green and here to stay!

BATG score: -19 :white_check_mark:
Shame Golf Score: -28 :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

I built this cool guy while procrastinating today:

It’s just a build so this is an update to Figure Case only:

I have also updated the Lightbox with some photos I was able to take yesterday!

4 Likes

I did some building today:

Two Bull Centaurs ready for green stuff, and a “Scourgerunner Chariot” built for my Cities of Sigmar project and ready for a rider and driver.

Neither counts as finished though, so no movement on any of the counts. :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

I got some Warriors built over the Easter weekend in between family stuff:

You can find a full write-up on my project log.

Since they’re 2 effort each that counts as 20 more in the “assembled” pile:

(And also some stuff that was filed under “bitz” got moved around when I built the chariot the other day)

9 Likes