EvilFuzzyDoom in "Clear that backlog!" [BATG 2022]

I took today off work (legitimately, I didn’t fake a sick day) with the idea of relaxing and getting some painting done. I had a lovely morning of lounging and then set down to work after lunch. I got a bunch done!

First off the rank was finishing up four more Sons of Horus marines:

I’ve been working on them slowly since my last update. I had to redo their base colour because they looked really different from the test model, despite using the same steps - I think that a slightly different primer texture was the main culprit. Nevertheless, with some futzing I got them to look almost the same, which I decided was good enough, and had them ready for metallics, details and basing today. While I was waiting for the Astrogranite Debris to set, I looked around for something else to paint…

And I picked up the Undead I’d put together for Mordheim/WHSkirmish:

I decided I wanted to do an all-over wash to start each unit, so the Skeletons and humans got Agrax Earthshade, the Zombies got Targor Rageshade (my favourite new shade), and some Dire Wolves got Berzerker Bloodshade. I didn’t finished the wolves today.

I blitzed the Skeletons, and then threw Black Legion on their bases. Then I checked the Sons of Horus’ bases, which were set enough for a coat of Targor Rageshade. While I waited for that to dry, I got set on the Zombies:

These were a bit more fiddly than the Skeletons, but still used the same approach: zenithal prime, all-over wash, drybrush Wraithbone, throw on some contrast and metallics, then pick out details.

By the time these were done I could finally go back and finish all the bases!

The total for this day’s work is 14 models done, and I have 10 more models started and sitting on the workbench for next session!

Here’s where the scores now sit:

BATG score: 53 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf score: -73 :white_check_mark:

8 Likes