EvilFuzzyDoom in "Clear that backlog!" [BATG 2022]

Models 198 and 199 are done!

Model number 198 is a Nighthaunt Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed! Nothing special went into this fella, he’s just Nihilakh Oxide over a light grey base, drybrushed all over with Ulthuan Grey, then picked out the details.

He was a bit more of a hassle to paint than the smaller Nighthaunt models, since there’s more overlapping parts to snake a brush behind, but all the techniques are the same as the smaller models. If I fee fruity, I might go back and pick out some shades and highlights to pump up the contrast, but I didn’t feel the need today (he’s not in any of my conceptual lists anyway).

Completed model number 199 for the year is an Astropath that I’ve had sort of hanging around my painting desk since early April, I’m not sure why but it’s just demanded paint for a little while.

The undercoat is doing most of the heavy lifting here, I used a zenithal prime, then washed it black and drybrushed Grey Seer on to get a really lovely value sketch, then hit everything with contrast paints. Targor Rageshade is doing some work again to give a nice pale skin tone with Reikland Fleshshade. The only layer paint I used was some Gauss Blaster Green to pick out some edge highlights on the cloak.

That’s two more painted and 3 effort for the Figure Case. Now to decide what to do for number 200! I have a few special ideas, but haven’t picked yet.

BATG score: 47 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf score: -79 :white_check_mark:

3 Likes