Fabelzel Hobgoblin Scaling

Hey all!

New to chorfs and the forum. Happy to be here!

I have a question regarding scaling for the fabelzel hobgoblins.

I’m currently working on a project that consists of both lost kingdom (infernal guard, artillery etc), and fabelzel (hobgoblins).

Upon getting my order of models (my printer is out of commission at the moment unfortunately), I was somewhat shocked at how small the hobgoblins seemed. However, I have no original models to compare them to, so I wanted to consult the experts: do these hobgoblins look correct, scaling wise?

First pic is a comparison between a lost kingdom chorf and the fabelzel hobgobs i received, on a 20mm base (I plan to use conversion trays)

Any thoughts and feedback are appreciated!

4 Likes

Hi there,

I’m cuttently painting a batch of Fabelzel hobgoblins to go along with my old GW Big hats. They seem to be the same size as yours.
Here’s a WIP:

I sadly don’t have a side-by-side picture at the ready, but the Fabelzels fit nicely with my older Chorfs. If anything, I think that Lost Kingdom Dwarf seems very… tall. Maybe that’s just a result of the general scale creep of miniatures sinde the 90’s.

4 Likes

I concur with @Croaker, the Fabelzel hobos were sculpted with the OG Chorfs and Fabelzel warrior scale in mind. Here’s how it’s supposed to look:

It sucks, but I’d scale down the lost kingdom guys. I mean, I wouldn’t, since I went for different dwarf sculpts, but you know :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The LKM Immortals are ginormous, they are not even in scale with the regular LKM warriors (which I would scale down a tiny bit already, but only by 5–8 % or so).
Don’t take those for a measure.

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I reached out to both sellers, and found out that both the fabelzel and lost kingdom miniatures were scaled down 100%, so the proportions between the two are the same as they would be, but should be a better fit for 28mm than non scaled version.

I anticipated the lost kingdom to be scaled down, but was not expecting the fabelzel minis to be, and I kinda wish they wouldn’t have, but probably just going to roll with it.