Fifty shapes darker [BATG 2023]

I would have already failed :face_in_clouds:

But I think my shopping spree will come to a more natural end soon anyway. I wanted to get all the awesome Dark Angels stuff before the inevitable re-release with scale-creep, and I’m basically done with it now. I could do with some older characters in Terminator Armour, but these aren’t even available at GW anymore. So I might add the occasional eBay purchase, but I think (hope!) the worst is behind me. Plan is now to stay below 100 added models for the year and get painting soon. I’ll need to push myself a little bit in the second half of the year if I want to get a negative score…

Do it

3 Likes

I’ll be right there with you fighting for that -1 badge. I’m about to pull a classic paint 20 to justify buying 40 maneuver. and that’s not including the staggering eBay watch party I have going on right now…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Eat this meme. As hypocritical as it may be. -100 Reaver memes hit harder than +14 Reaver memes.

6 Likes

Buahahaha :joy:

(for like 90% of it)

3 Likes

Lawdamercy

3 Likes

truly, LaBeef weeps, and into his pillow he yells “BUT WHERE IS THE STORMBOY CONVERSION OF THE DEAD ORK FROM THE BASE OF BAYARD’S REVENGE”

3 Likes

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 1
:arrow_right: Total count: +67

Actually thanks for not stopping me, happy to have aquired this guy.

I think that’s the cleanest (read: dead center) muzzle drill I have ever achieved

6 Likes

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 3
:arrow_right: Total count: +70

I’m very disappointed in all of you.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Too little, too late. The next BATG additions have already shipped :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

5 Likes

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 6
:arrow_right: Total count: +76

Almost done, I swear! That black model is a Terminator Scriptor.

For the time being I’ll only count one Dark Talon, cause I only ordered one and contacted the shop to send the spare one back. We’ll see.

4 Likes

I can imagine the panic now when the free model showed up in the mail, and you calling in a fuss to demand they take it back. How dare they.

squints, can’t tell if altruism or BATG selfishness…

3 Likes

Oh I gave them a piece of my mind, that’s for sure! Can’t a guy live his life in peace without some mega-corporation coming along and just giving him free stuff? Every model counts. Preposterous!

update
It worked. They take it back.

3 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 8
:arrow_right: Total count: +68

After what felt like an eternity, I have finally put paint on some models again. The long climb to mount -1 starts now!

When in doubt, do what you know best. So I started with what I’ve left with: Night Goblins. The excellent new Squig-Boss and new Underworlds warband were both a lot of fun to paint.

Would you like to know more?

7 Likes

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 3
:arrow_right: Total count: +71

More “mistakes” were made.

3 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 3

The next Underworlds warband is ready for play.

Would you like to know more?

6 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 1
:arrow_right: Total count: +67

Painted the miniature of the month Arbitrator

I’m like so-so happy with it. I put gloss varnish over the armour but mhmmmm, not completed sure about it. Might hit it with satin varnish after all. But the model itself is cool and was fairly quick to paint.

4 Likes

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 1

Got a good deal for Ripper Jackson on the ebays. She’s gonna make an awesome Ammo Jack for my Escher Gang

4 Likes