Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs and CDO

Right back at you, fearless Immortal, something like this is a joy to read as well. The future is bright!

7 Likes

Just one last selfish thing I want to point out.

Hobgoblin wolf riders were intentionally designed with Lamellar armour and steppe aesthetics to imply that many are Khanate mercenaries and that they are a caste apart from slave infantry.

That’s a great feeling.

10 Likes

Good to see you on here bloodbeard :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is truly insane. Think we couldn’t have come up with a nicer nod even if we tried.

8 Likes

This is wonderful news…although I admit I had suspected something like this was happening amongst our esteemed members and CA.
The trailer was so perfect, that it was just too perfect, and it struck me that the Hand of Hashut was involved.
My thanks to everyone who took part in this, in true Sneaky Git secrecy, to realize the perfect balance of lore, Hats, helms and Hobgoblins.

6 Likes

Nice little mini one in the tech tree, with the alliteration intact.

@MichaelX @Oxymandias @Reaver

9 Likes

Good find! Loving these nuggets!

2 Likes

For F**k Sake! This is so good.

Creative Assembly! Thank you!

6 Likes

We are, canonically, bull centaurs so ugly we look like Hashut.

7 Likes

Ok, I’ll ask.

Did they explained why they changed Astragoth’s appearance? It might be the only thing they truly altered from the big hat’s range, so I wonder what was the logic behind it.
I loved the old dawi’s original face.

1 Like

Not astragoth specifically but they said they made changes to the big hat range to make them fit with the loa range a bit more.

I think they did a bang on job at proving cartoonish bighats arent outdated and can be brought into current wargames without looking silly.

Many of us already know this, just look at some of the more modern painted bighats in here, they look truely terrific and terrifying!

5 Likes

They wouldn’t be drawn on it, but let’s be real, they removed any attributes that could be construed as specific to an ethnicity. Look at what they did to Ogla Khan. In their defence, look at the army book “Zhatan” art - it has straight beard hair.

Maybe beard straightening comes in and out of fashion in the Dark Lands. It’s certainly less mad than some of the fashions in real life history.

3 Likes

My wife says humidity has an effect on effectiveness of hair straightening. Might be a seasonal thing?

4 Likes