Golden Hat XXXVIII: Open Theme

Can I just vote for @Admiral now and have done with it?

3 Likes

Oh no! You don’t even know if you can spot it when you see it. :tongue:

1 Like

You’re just making this more and more intriguing. My already sky-high expectations for this Golden Hat are getting even higher.
It’s going to be epic!

2 Likes

Yes very excited! The creativity on this community knows no bounds.

I’m at the “oh god what have I done” stage of sloppy base painting.

1 Like

Hate that stage, get similar emotions with most models

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I am at the… decided what I’m going to do and identified the models to be used, but currently trying to finish paint on something else, and letting other projects “distract” me, so haven’t really started… stage. Wondering if I’ll be able to go from idea to full build in the first week/week and a half of Feb :smiley:. Otherwise I’m not going to get it painted.

6 Likes

Fucked it entirely up, something wrong with the white primer, it fell off under my fingers just by touching it.
I have to redo the entire model.
I’ll see to make it in time in those last few days

5 Likes

Oh no mate, sorry to hear that bud but good luck getting it back on track :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Oh no, that sounds bad

But hey, cheer up and carry on with the stubbornness of the Dawi Zharr. You can do it

5 Likes

Just finished mine up and shot some pics through, taking pics is the hardest bit :anvil:

7 Likes

I’m glad that it sounds like plenty of people are joining in this GH, really looking forward to seeing all the entries…my entry is almost done, I’m just going for something comical this time.
Nothing fancy, not particularly painted well, and I just cobbled together some left over bits.
Will my entry win?
Nah, not a chance.
Am I having fun, and hopefully people will get a good laugh?
Yes :cd1991:

9 Likes

Still haven’t started painting mine :weary::weary::weary:

3 Likes

The end is nigh! I could spent hours finessing this thing but my eye is drawn to the miniatures ahead. Will probably finish this weekend. So very excited to see the entries - when do we expect to see them after Feb 20th?

3 Likes

@rollforwounds : In the day after the deadline. If sickness or whatever gets in the way, we always extend it one or two days. I try to get voting threads up already in the morning, and usually cobble together entry images in the evening before deadline (plus late entries in the morning). In some contests before I took over in 2014, staffers might find their lives too busy to tend to the voting thread for days or weeks on end, which on one occassion led to a good question being asked: “If we entrants have to stick to deadlines, then why not the contest handlers?”

The answer to which must be that any predictable waiting days between planned deadline and actual posting of voting thread should be added as extension days. Then get the voting thread up rapidly when able.

I’ve been sick for a good while, and haven’t had energy for the hobby due to that. I’m recovering rather fine at the moment, so I’ll dive back in soon.

Would you folks be willing to have an extension of up to a week to the deadline?

I would not normally ask for an extension just for my own entry’s sake, but this one is… special. My brother and I are extraordinarily keen to see how the good worshippers of the Father of Darkness greets this miniature, and both of us agree that it is best presented as part of a major competition. We will have popcorn ready.

If you want us to stick to the 20th as per the original deadline, then no worries. I believe you will understand why this is an… exception that makes me ask in the first place, once you see the model in question. Also, I could normally have worked from morning to midnight to get this in on the 20th, but burnout recovery means that such days are to be avoided, ergo the asked for extension.

Kind regards

10 Likes

Well, we would hardly be able to have these many contests without people like you pulling the organisational strings. Your health comes first (and I might finish my entry this time), please put in the extension if it eases your burden and stress. :cd1991:

7 Likes

Walhut’s whisker, grant yourself the extension already!

salutes with flipper as the Admiral walks past

8 Likes

@Admiral
For Hashuts sake, yes please give a deadline extension if needed, we all know that you’ve been kind enough so many times in the past to help all of us out in regards to deadlines, you’re no different, and perhaps even more deserving of it.
And Health before Hashut.
Please take care of yourself…I’m down with day #4 of Omicron.
And I’ll tell you, it has hit me like a sledgehammer. Anyone who thinks it’s “mild” probably also thinks elfs are cool.
My entry was finished up in true daemonsmith fashion though…hell bent on creation, feverish with a 102 degree fever and cursing hatred at my enemies (China).

9 Likes

Extend it mate …for the sake of you and your brother (and mostly me …who has hardly started his entry :joy::joy::joy::joy:)

4 Likes

Oh Admiral, why ask what is self-evident?! :astonished: Of course we can change the deadline, it’s all about having fun and being nice to each other, so change the deadline and it’s all good! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thank you most kindly folks. If lots of people had wished to stick with the original deadline we’d of course do that. But now I’m confident this thing can be finished at a steady pace. Me and my brother are both fired up for this… peculiar project. :smiley:

Deadline changed to the 28th of February.

@Fuggit_Khan : Just as Hashut demands! Burn away Nurgle’s rot with demented toil and maniac projects! Get well soon mate. I really hope you beat off the disease. So far we’ve been lucky around here in the neighbourhood, with recent bouts of the virus being surprisingly weak.

7 Likes