Gw wolf riders v. Lost kingdoms hobgoblin ones

Does anyone know a size comparison between the current wolves rode by goblin wolf riders and the hobgoblin wolf riders by lost kingdoms?

3 Likes

Not sure, but those lost kingdom moongobbo riders’ steads look like at least double high as old GW plastic wolves, maybe more. Like old GW wolves are really not tall at all…

Here someone printed them supposedly in 85 %:
https://www.tabletopwelt.de/index.php?/topic/166318-3d-druck-lost-kingdom/&do=findComment&comment=5564273

But his numbers seem to differ (applied to other LKM minis) to what I have been told by my etsy seller (who only had to scale down the infantry a bit). So… use this info as you wish?

2 Likes

Very interested in tracking this conversation. I’ve not seen those LKM wolves commonly on the forum, if at all. They’ll probably be on my list someday.

Old GW wolves could almost walk under those bellies… If that is 25x50mm base.

Old bunny teeth GW wolfie

4 Likes

Kk i printed one up at full scale… there a bit large compared to goblin wolfriders. i like them this size myself.

The fan made Chaos Dwarf Battletome were making leans heavily on lost kingdom models as well as gw ones… as the gw are not readily available anymore. That said. We are getting close to a stage where we can put them up for all your imput soon. Its heavily influenced by the old school CD unit wise as well.

My next question is do you think we should have a separate warscroll for lost kingdom hobgoblins wolf riders as well as a warscroll for goblin wolfriders? Should we do a warscroll for the moongobbo riders as well?

1 Like

For a comparison between forgeworld and lost kingdoms this is what i have so far. I think the dwarfs are close enough for what im doing myself but i dont have the older models anymore in my army.

1 Like

The size of those puppies suggets that they should be multiwound unit if you ask from me…

LKM ist just another scale. And the wolves are a bit bigger on top of what the infantry has already more in size.
Of course you could write different unit entries for printing the ~same models in different scales, but… I wouldn’t. :wink:
Unless the goal is to create a set of rules for units that differ from the known ones for the sake of it (i.e. if you would be trying to get distance from GW’s IP).
But if you want the 100 % printed models to play in that size because you like the look of them being giant so much, then you can of course play around with rules as well.

1 Like

After some thought and chatting im going to try a 80% print the weekend will update then

1 Like

Is that printed at 100%?

I may or may not have some knowledge of a good combo that works: LKM at 85% and EmanG’s goblin cavalry at 105%

2 Likes