Hello everyone!

As most people here I have an interest in chorfs, however mine has started just recently.
I’ve been on and off in the hobby of warhammer for over 20 years now (however most of them on a hiatus!), and its been in the last year that chorfs have slowly begun to grow on me.
To me, they represent the goofy yet cool spirit of the 90’s warhammer, which is why I love them so much.

Most of my hobby related activities have been painting, but as of lately I’ve started putting painting aside and getting into sculpting, so without further ado I present you my humble first attempt at digital sculpting, and what else but a lovely Chaos Dwarf!
Its nowhere near close finished but im slowly getting there.

17 Likes

Very excellent start, and great to have you join the community. I think for those of us who like to experiment and create the spirit of the Chaos Dwarfs contributes to a bit of a meta-level experience with the whole thing :wink:

Love where you’re going with your digital sculpt. Keep going! The cuff on the off-hand needs to be a little more prominent to match the right side. Other than that it looks like you’re at a point where you just need to refine!

~N

4 Likes

The right (his left) sleeve isnt even sculpted yet, no wonder its not prominent enough! :grin:
Pretty much the whole clothing is missing, I have to think about how I’ll do it. All of the details and paraphernalia have yet to be added too. I end up getting lost in details while missing the whole picture -which I guess is common for novice sculptors-

Thank you for the encouraging words!

Sorry for the double post, I also forgot to mention that Im also kinda into drawing, however its a hobby that I dont practice as often as I should!
Heres a quick sketch for everyone here to enjoy!

13 Likes

Hey!! Awesome stuff we love artworks

1 Like

Step one is don’t apologise for a double post! Folks round here have blogs, I’m sure youve seen them, some with hundreds of posts. Feel free to make one for yourself - there’s lots of experienced 3d sculptors around here, @Fabelzel , @Brawniac , @Hotstuff - with lots if insights to share.

6 Likes

And with how things go here you may have to stick around until next year or the year after for someone to use threadomancy to resurrect a long-dead post before you get “Step two” … that or you’ll have four different people tell you what Step two is :wink: We’re all pretty laid back here, unlike other forums I’ve been on where I’ve received PMs from admins telling me to use better titles for my posts, not to double-post, or similar heinous crimes!! Needless to say this is really the only site I post on anymore! :smiley:

~N

6 Likes