How it began! My history with chaos dwarfs

I’ve been rather fond of chaos dwarfs for years now- ever since I was around 14 or 15 in fact. They first came to attention when I read about the creation of the black orcs somewhere.

I had a small chaos army already, so needless to say I was intrigued by the idea of dwarves venerating chaos! In my enthusiam I even lurked on the old forum for a time without creating an account regretably, as I was (and somehat still am) rather introverted. But in my discovery I was quite excited by the fact that they were still being made! -by forgeworld… and alas, I was a poor youngster who couldn’t afford it… but I didn’t let that stop me! My afformentioned lurking even inspired me to convert my own. I also used abyssal dwarves from mantic games and russian alternative. But It didn’t go well… and I abandoned the army. It didn’t suit my vision of the chaos dwarfs: plate steel and imposing iron masks (with big hats too of course).

But nonetheless, chaos dwarfs still ground away in the back of my mind. Even as I grew into my later teens and collected a sizeable force of slaves to darkness for aos. And now, 6 or 7 years later, with the rumblings of their return to aos, I too return to this army. I am now an adult and a better painter, with the financial means to finally accrue the army I dreamed about.
And I finally received my first 3 real chaos dwarf kits yesterday:
Shart’tor the executioner
Bull centaur taur’ruk
And the dreadquake mortar.

This little chorf was the first one I pulled from the bag, I was delighted to finally possess but a small handful of the models I had coveted since I was a teen!
But ultimately I decided to work on the two centaurs first, lots of filling to do- but it’ll be worth it! Cant wait to paint them and can’t wait to get more!

Thank you for reading this far, I hope to post consistently here in the coming months! Glory to Hashut!

11 Likes

Well met, I think you have the beginnings of a great army.
The little buggers do have a way to eat into your brain.
Once more into the breech.
Welcome.
Praise be Hashut!

3 Likes

Servus

Nice that you have found your way to us, and I am already looking forward to your minis and the colouring.

And as LoC has already said, you have a great pool of figures to start with.

I’m still looking for the FW mortar ^^ .

Wish you lots of fun here

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll try to document the process as often as I can. But I can be a slow painter!

2 Likes

Next on the chopping block will hopefully be some infernal guard!

1 Like

Nice, Proceed on.
I’m in the same boat as you. Just painted my 26th CD. After way to many years.
I have documented the process but have not posted any pictures yet.
Lets gettum done.
PBH

2 Likes