I’m not starting a BatG 2024 thread [BatG 2024]

“Cheesoid Hate Self”
IMG_2894

Hello CDO. My name is Oxy and I’m 33 1/2 years old. I like pinacoladas and getting caught in the rain.

I have gone on record as saying that BatG killed a lot of hobby fun for me in 2021(?) and I dropped out.

However I have been cleaning my gaming / hobby room this weekend and I’ve realised that I seriously need to paint/sell/ use some stuff as I’m hitting space limits now.

Those of you who know me well also know that this time last year I got a new job that has taken up a lot of my free time but pays a little better. Surprise surprise I bought more than I painted! Haha

Let this probably soon to be abandoned BatG begin as with all New Year’s resolutions, with good intent.

Hopefully it can also serve as a way to encourage me to begin curating my blogs again as well, as these have been neglected this past year.

Support and encouragement needed guys :joy:

12 Likes

Yay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You can do it Ox! Wooooo!

3 Likes

Negative 30

Fail hard and fail early.

Some orcs for an upcoming blog (ToW related)

3 Likes

More Oxymodel pictures on the forum is a win for the forum whether you end up at -1 or +100.

Fair reminder that you earned a BATG Gold medal in Jac’s previous trial by guilt. A significant win against the grey.

5 Likes

CHEESE! PETRIL!

By the power of streaking grime, let the games begin.

4 Likes

Literally didn’t know that :joy:

Trauma and repressed memories

5 Likes

Good news everyone.

I’m not negative 30 anymore.

My good friend @chitzkoi sent 18 orcs to my house.

Unrequested.

So now I’m negative 48 before I’ve even started.

Thanks.

Mate.

6 Likes

Dulce et gloriosum est amicos tuos mittere ad puncta interrete imaginaria.

I regret that I have but one care package to discard for the good of the forum.

4 Likes

Brush off the sports rust fellow sportsman. Negative is positive and positive is bad.

4 Likes

Yeah realised this after posting. Negative as in negative feelings. But the score is positive as in I own too many models

Score: +48

6 Likes

Way to take that gift on the nose like a beleaguered veteran. The way Shia Lebeef intended.

3 Likes

Painted a unit of 25 orcs. Pics to follow on a blog. One was already painted. -24 putting my score at:

+24

6 Likes

Painted a giant and three orc characters.

+20

6 Likes

A buddy gave me 3 orc bowmen last night.

+23 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Painted 24 orcs with sword and board
A warboss
2 trolls
And a giant boar rider

This is a total of 28 painted.

Putting me on -5 overall :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I slipped, fell and landed on an orc hero, an orc war machine, 20 orcs and 12 wargs.

However 10 of those orcs will be going on the wargs making one miniature and 2 orcs will go on the chariot I already own and 2 wargs will be going on a chariot too.

Therefore I’m ruling it like this.
1 orc war machine (+1)
1 orc hero on giant warg (+1)
8 extra orc infantry have been bought (+8)
10 warg riders have been bought (made out of 10 orcs and 10 wargs) (+10)
I already own a chariot which will be getting two wargs and 2 orcs added to it as conversion bits. (+0)

So I’ve bought 34 models but because of how I’m using them and mashing them together as conversions I’m counting them as 20 models and will count them as 20 when painted as well.

Overall gain +20

Explanation probs not needed as it’s very much man versus miniature as opposed to man versus man in this game - just making it clear what I’m doing haha !

Current score +15

7 Likes

Ah mate, you good? Hope the finger is okay.

4 Likes

This weekend painted 10 orcs with bows, a wizard and a mounted orc hero. 12 all told.

Current score +3

(Pics on blog to follow)

4 Likes

Decided to also track number painted. An unimpressive BATG of + or - a few won’t tell the full story of how much I’ve painted all together!

So all painted models so far this year: 67
Current score +3

3 Likes