Ihsan997’s Assorted Abyssal, Chaotic, and Infernal Dwarves

For various reasons, I’ve been putting off the creation do my hobby blog. Starting is the hardest part of commitment, as some dude who’s name I forgot said, and thus I need to post what I have so far. Note that, since my whole family are now interested in wargaming miniatures, much of my time has been preoccupied with Stormcast Eternals, Kruleboyz, and unicorns.

Yep. Unicorns.

But not here! Here, I present my burgeoning army of all dwarves abyssal, chaotic, dastardly, evil, infernal, and other shades of not-so-nice. I’ll begin with my first shipment of Russian Alternative minis, about which I’ve been greatly excited.

As you can see, these are my first shipments of bull centaurs, blunderbusses, and great weapon wielders. I absolutely L-O-V-O the visual aesthetic of these fellows; I’ll dare to say that I think they’re an improvement over the original 4th edition versions which I was drawn to back in the mid-1990s when I discovered Warhammer. In particular, I like the fact that some of the hats have masks connected to them - both stylish and practical!

I’ll need to get bases for these fellows before I can move forward, and that’s another item still on my to-do list. My son is excited to work on these with me too, so hopefully I’ll get those bases and put these together sooner rather than later.

8 Likes

Just to add one more piece of work: my son and I assembled the Windmaster Miniature’s mortar cannon for their Underworld Dwarves.

In retrospect, I don’t think we chose a wise layout for the models. We guessed that by placing the cannon on one side, we could increase the amount of space for the three models and the pile of projectiles. However, had we placed the cannon in the middle of the base, we may have been better off.

Another mistake we have have made was in assembling such a model before painting it. My son is a better painter than me, but even so, this will be a tough job. For others who have this model, I’d recommend priming and painting before assembling.

One thing to note about the models themselves is that they’re quite small. Compared to my Blood Bowl team models, they’re miniscule. Perhaps that can be explained away as the crewmen being smaller individuals and the infantry are big swoll guys. That is reflected in 8th edition stat differences between the infantry and crewmen, after all.

8 Likes

I am not opposed to evil Unicorns,
Even “Good” ones have their uses.
IE “You told me you were a Virgin!” But the unicorn says Nope.

2 Likes

As to the Dwarf Mortar. Of course the silly goody two shoes Dwarfs would get it wrong.

Anyway. Welcome and we’ll all look forward to seeing your stuff.

2 Likes