In Which EvilFuzzyDoom Is Entirely Surrounded by Grey [BATG 2026]

Painted a dude:

Played some games. Update forthcoming.

Actual update:

This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending a doubles Horus Heresy event. I hadn’t been able to commit well in advance, but I was paired up at the last minute - with one of the only other Militia players in my city!

We had a great time, and our armies were very complementary: mine was full of transports and objective grabbers/deniers, while his was full of artillery with a little bit of mobility. I had to paint a single flamer-toting Helot and magnetise everything to get it all into a single rack-based carrying case.

I was very happy to explore a few new things - putting my Force Commander in with a 20-model Levy squad whose job was to soak up wounds, for example. Great fun, and probably won us the first game. The command squad with plasma gun & dual pistols on the lieutenant was definitely over-equipped and did more wounds to itself than to enemy models.

The two armies did quite well at the objective grab/denial mission in round 1 (we covered a lot of ground), did okay but not well enough at the Intelligence-based mission in round 2 (Militia have bad Intelligence, and poorly at the unit destruction mission in round 3 (we left a lot of models with 1 or 2 models left).

Ultimately we went 1-2, and got the “runner-up Traitor wooden spoon” award of some new dice because the actual Traitor wooden spoon team had already received another award.

I had a great day.

One off the pile.

BATG Score: -24 :white_check_mark:

3 Likes