Khamdrim Sky-Master's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2022]

All right @BATG_Warriors!!! Kicking off the BATG with a 15-man LotD Kill Team. A while ago, a good friend of ours sent @Reaver a box of goodies to sell or keep. At the same time I found myself salivating over the LotD models and happened to mention to him that I was considering buying some, but was annoyed at the pricetag. It just so happened that among that box of goodies there were 10 full unpainted LotD guys. So I sucked it up, bought a 5 man OOP Pewter team and added them to the 10 I got from Reaver as a trade-in. Pretty sure I lucked out in that trade too.

It seemed only fitting, therefore, to give these guys the honor of being my first painted miniatures of the new year.

First of all I didn’t really like the absence of good arm poses (and by good I mean tacti-cool af). So I chopped a bunch of Space Marine squad arms and reassembled them. Then I made some random bits and bobs out of greenstuff (i.e. joins, armpits, and the occasional pointing hand):

Once I was done, they got assembled once I figured out how to properly pin with the pesky little superglue that stuck to my hands more than the models (go figure…). For basing, I just crushed some rocks and used greenstuff to make some light flames so that it looked like they were walking on lava. A gallery of them pre-painted in all of their “glory” is posted HERE.

Once assembled and primed, it was time to paint!! I started with a light blue zenithal highlight (light in the application, dark in color though), and then hit them with a very light drybrush in a slightly lighter blue

Then it was time for the wet-blend session for the flames that quickly became the bane of my existence for about two weeks while I slowly chugged along. Then came the bones.

Then finally the lava, which took less time than I thought. Then all the tiny little details. So here they are, in all their glory.

First set down, with a solid -15!!!

13 Likes