Let's paint some Chaos Dwarfs

First an introduction. I’ve popped in and out of the hobby over the last 30+ years. Love to paint not so much the gaming side. Never been interested in Chaos Dwarfs and wasn’t around when the Big Hats first appeared.

So why am I here you may ask? Simply put I came across these amazing prints by Fabelzel on Instagram and gave me the urge to dust off the old paint brushes and give them ago. Now not owning a 3d printer my first attempt was to purchase some off Ebay however the quality was so bad I was about to give up before I even began but then a friend from the community was kind enough to print some off for me and so here we are.

First off here is a comparison between the bought (light grey) and the friend sent (dark grey) quality.

Painted up a few now. Here are the first 2 I ever painted

As I get bored of painting the same colour scheme over and over I mixed it up with the next few.

Finally a group shot of them

They will eventually get some grass tufts on the bases. So that’s it so far, don’t expect quick updates I’m a slow painter.

22 Likes

Slow or not, they look fantastic.

4 Likes

It’s nice that you’ve come here from the oldhammer forum after all! We are happy about every new member here! :hatoff:

By the way, your models just look great! :wink: Just gorgeous! :beer:

5 Likes

Let’s!!! Lovin the colors

2 Likes

beautiful scheme, great pastel colours
lovely vibe from those little bastards, great fan of the golden armour and the purple/red hat
but pls, i saw your pics on instagram as well, paint those eyebrows ahauhuahua it bothers me so much ahuhauhuahuahu :cd1990gif:

1 Like

Thanks

Yes I decided to take your advice.

Thanks they seem to work well at least to me.

I’ve tried to stick to the colours I’ve seen used to paint Chaos Dwarfs but also trying to steer clear of making them bright or vibrant. I paint eyebrows on those that have them ! If you look closely only one version of the warriors has eyebrows sculpted.

Now moving on here’s some W.I.P of a couple of heroes.

15 Likes

Finished

12 Likes

Coming along beautifully. Love the color scheme and the verdigris makes it even greater.

Thanks. My colour schemes normally come down to colours I like to paint which is why I normally end up painting everything RED !!!

So painted up some more. These come with different hats which will help me break up the unit when completed.

10 Likes

Finished this little beauty off this evening. As always fun to paint.

12 Likes

Could do with some knowledge. Have these two beauties ready to be painted but unsure of colour for them . Is there a specific colour for them ?

5 Likes

Maybe not chaos dwarf but my latest side project

9 Likes

I mean… Officially the great Taurus has been known to be red. The lamassu black with a red beard, and later blueish with a black beard.

I’ll probably be going black and fiery for the both of them, cause I roll like that, but in the end it’s up to you. I’ll be using the fabelzel Taurus as well, I like that one, but will probably spring for the OG lamassu, as I think it has a distinct charm :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes