Loidrial 3d bullshit sculpts

oh well, tonight something more went on, so:

12 Likes

Love it man !

2 Likes

trying to figure it out if i like it so far, but i guess i do
make legs it’s problematic!

14 Likes

Eddie man your crazy, every time I come around your stepping up the game.

I really like these designs, give me a crazy David Bowie Labyrinth vibe, complete chaos

3 Likes

I havent sculpt something proper in long time
so this is what i’m working on now, i’m trying to make my 1st whole actual miniature ever
This is one of my single favourite artworks ever of CDs related stuff

and it’s one of the first thing i tried to sculpt one year and half ago when i started
immagine

but so far, the new version looks like this:

14 Likes

its really coming to life! keep it up!

1 Like

ok so, 1st real update
the guy is in this state:

i made 3 version of him: axe+shield (thx @Hotstuff for your weapon set, it’s extremely helpful even to study it) arrow + bow, 2 daggers

here i tried to place him next to some other hobbos to see how it could fit for now

there are many issues in the sculpt:

• too thin parts like ears and weapons
  • scalemail doesnt read properly. i need to increase the contrast and give it more depth and volume
  • add more contrast to the face
  • refine torso/head definition with hairs volume, joints
14 Likes

Very cool! To me those gitz look totally legit! Any plans for an etsy store?

nothing yet as future plans. etsy/myminifactory and all those others…idk how they all go well together, never spent time checking it actually xD
I’ll see if i get the hang of it :eggplant: :shed:

1 Like

These are great versions of the Mark Gibbons sketches, love them!

2 Likes

I gave a random 15 minutes paint job with contrasts to see the volumes and level of depth of the model
Gonna fix the file in the next days

15 Likes

Holy hell man, awesome!

Omg this is so awezome. I always loved the old sneky kits and hobgoblins in gensral and loved Mark Gibbons work. You are doing it proud. I would love to get my jands on these when you jave a unit done.

5 Likes

Ciao man! Welcome to CDO!! And thanks for the compliments :hatoff:
There is still work to do on this model and I’m getting more and more knowledge by the day ahuahau
I will keep refining it especially now that I can actually see where the problems were and I’ll come back soon with an improved version and 3 weapon variants!
Mark Gibbons made such iconic artworks, his style is what in my eyes, Blizzard evolved in the upcoming tears for warcraft 3 and WoW

1 Like

Thanks man glad to be here. Long time CD fan and had the big hat army when it was around. Mark Gib ons work is often what i think of as fantasy artwork because i got into wargaming when he was drawing for gw. Im a digital sculpter as well but stick mainly to scifi stuff but i do conversions on 28mm fantasy stuff from time to time to get what i want. For example im working on these bull centaurs. Parts are mainly from lost kingdom miniatures. I wasnt happy that their sculpts leaned to much into chaos and not enough into big hats and curly beards so this is what ive done so far. Still have to design great weapons for them but they are getting there. Cant wait to see more of your work.

3 Likes

My extremely random lurking has only just now spotted this…Hashuts most favorite, the noble and fearsome Hobgoblin.
This is really beautiful Eddy, well done and thank Hashut you put him on a square base.
Don’t defile MG’s artwork with a goddamned round base!
Of course, now you’ll have to 3D sculpt all of the artwork from the classic CD army book :wink:
John Blanche! :heart:

4 Likes