Medals to Badges

Ill probably do it during the summer vacation… :stuck_out_tongue: Btw, I assume it ended with only the old CDO badges getting used. It would be good with a bit more input here, since we have the time anyway.

Gone back and forth on this, but good with just the old CDO badges at this point. Cheers!

Yeah I lean towards old badges. They have a level of prestige associated with them that new ones don’t really.

New ones remind me a touch of those weird Xbox achievements like “achievement unlocked - completed tutorial” haha

Both wouldn’t be a bad thing - but as long as old is involved somehow that’td be awesome

1 Like

I plan to look through the badges more thoroughly. I stand by keeping any that may be unique, but if it’s all or nothing, stick to traditional Chaos Dwarfs Online badges only.

2 Likes

Did we ever find a way of getting our badges ported over?

Jupp, but it has to be done manually and both me and @Admiral has been busy with irl stuff, health and other hobby projects. But its coming. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice on Tjub. Sorry mate hope I didn’t seem like I was moaning or demanding haha. :see_no_evil:

Not at all, but I feel a bit guilty about not done it yet… :stuck_out_tongue:

No guilt allowed! Real life happens and is the bane of us all!

2 Likes

Yeah real life can do one. Toy soldiers is a much better way to spend ones time :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Okay, I disabled all the random badges that aren’t interesting. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I worked so hard for that flag-badge :sob:

2 Likes

Hey all - today I went through all the usernames on this forum and cross referenced them with usernames on the old forum. I’ve done my best to convert your medals over.

Now where I did this manually, there is every chance I made the odd copying error. So if you have a golden hat and you were meant to have an artisans or something like that please let me know and I can rectify at the click of a button. Also if you have placed on a competition last year, you may still be owed a medal. If you feel you are missing one of these, let me know and I’ll update your profile :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you guys for the great and yet arguably tedious work! :+1:

1 Like

Can the last 3 “other” badges (Basic, Regular and Member) be removed, they need but also no one!

A question, come the pics of the old badges again, or the current “empty frames” remain?

I’ll see if they can be removed, they might be tied into member status.

A question, come the pics of the old badges again, or the current “empty frames” remain?

Can you rephrase this? I don’t quite understand. :slight_smile:

In the old forum there were special pics for the individual medals, will there be here in the new forum again?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean @Zanko . If you click on your profile you’ll see the pictures of the different medals. Just clicked on your profile on my phone.

1 Like

I sit at the laptop and when I click on the page with the medals, I see an “empty frame” and next to it is “Golden Hat Bronze” - but I do not see the picture of the medal itself. Not like in your screenshot. Very strange … or does it have something to do with the fact that I only have Windows 7 and not Windows 10?

1 Like

Let me check my laptop @zanko - one sec