Mordheim Pirates! (Black scorpion miniatures)

I have a problem - I keep building mordheim warbands!!! Haha

Here’s the latest

8 Likes

Awesoe looking Warband! Like them a lot! :metal:

1 Like

Got to love pirates and yours arrrrrr great

1 Like

Amazing, that first pic, are they 3 conversions?

1 Like

No conversions mate - all painted as they came (I know this isn’t like me haha- wanted the challenge of running the warband wysiwig even though all those black powder weapons will cost me a fortune in gold crowns haha)

Excellent work! What rules do you use for them? Does Mordheim have a regular Pirate list?

1 Like

Marienburgers spending all their extra cash on guns and hoping that the bonus to rare item rolls helps us find more pistols and replace lost ones

If it doesn’t work out you’ll find out - I’ll be posting loads of kitbashed dudes with axes and clubs on here haha :joy:

1 Like

Really great looking figs. I’ve been warned of ‘the Christmas effect’ when you mix green and red, but there is no problem here with that. Is the ‘black’ actually a dark blue?

1 Like

The Christmas effect :joy: - never heard that one before

The black is black Templar’s contrast, then mechanius standard grey - however the final hilight is celestra grey. That final paint is a very cold grey/blue colour - almost white. That’s probably what’s giving the blacks a slightly bluer feel

1 Like

The campaign is well underway and deaths keep causing me To hire new warriors!

A normal person would reuse miniatures but I’m not a normal person am I?

8 Likes

Wonderful painting, especially that axe!
…and I fully agree with your mindset regarding new warriors for a warband! :smiley:

1 Like

Worthy new recruits for sure! The Ogre bodyguard fits in amazingly well with the pirate theme!

1 Like

So nice. I too love the ogre.

1 Like

Awesome paintjob! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Another death - another hiring !

image|666x500

5 Likes

I’m glad you’re not a normal person then. Pirates all the way! Just lovely, wonderful work all over. It warms my eternally pirate-crazed heart to see this. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Contrast is always something I’ve struggled with so I really enjoy seeing the great contrast you have in your minis, great work again mate! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Zenithal undercoating has really helped me with this @GhraskDragh

Black undercoat then a wraithbone one from above
Then instead of base layers using citadel contrast paints

Then I just go very exaggerated with my highlighting and drag it back with the same contrast paint watered down with medium

2 Likes

So the key to Contrast lies in Contrast paints…damn it why didn’t anyone tell me!! It’s not like it’s obvious or anything :grin::grin::wink:

Seriously though I can tell it’s not just down to the paints, you’ve done a great job on these and when I find the minis I like for it I’ll give that method a proper go :+1:t2:
Cheers

4 Likes