New to The Forum This is my progress so far

Hi there, my bane is Mads and im new to The comminity, I havent really done much except Reading up on lore and bourght a small bit of minis as shows on The pictures below… also ive put together an artillery train, or something similar to that,from scrap bits. I was hopping to get some advice on how to propper get started. Duno if it’s worrh mentioning but i just love The grimdark models from FW and everything LOA related but it’s so expensive :frowning: i curently own shator from FW and 3 Bulls from LK then i have one 3rd party bull-centaur and that war machine i kitbashed, wich leads me to my question were do i go from here thats budget friendly ? Also is The kitbash ive made Good enough as a Chaos dwarf war-machine ?
Best reguards Mads

14 Likes

Welcome to the forum dude, excellent work on the war machine, looks epic, hope to see it painted. I’m working on those LK centaurs too, beautiful sculpts.

3 Likes

Thanks man apriciate it:) im hope to get it painted up soon so i Can post some pictures

2 Likes

Welcome, looking great! Love that train

3 Likes

You are most welcome here @Madsha89 !

Really bold and experimental colour scheme here! I love it! And the converted war machine - this is so in the spirit of CDO!!!

How did you find us out of interest?

2 Likes

I Foundation it On YouTube and i ate The whole video raw This community is everything i was looking for but siden know existed

10 Likes

Amazing! This was myself and @chitzkoi talking to loremaster of Sotek there. We’ve got a podcast coming out soon where we had him visit us :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thats Just awesome i cant wait :slight_smile: that video toke me back to my childhood in The early and mid 90ies and how much i wanted chaos dwarfs but back then they were out of reach with pocketmoney simply not Bieng enough :slight_smile: so i grew up found a wife got kids and a dog ect and even hit 30 but then one day i work up from a slumber and knew i needed to go grab some chaos dwarfs and now im 32 and finalt i own some and on top i found This forrum so it’s never to late i guese :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Absolutely! You’re a similiar age and in a smiliar life position to myself and sooooo many people here. I think many of us are making armies we wish we could have made when we were kids! Haha

6 Likes

Wow, that train is brilliant. You look at it, and you’re not quite sure what it’s going to do, but you absolutely know whatever it is, it’s going to hurt. Really looking forward to seeing more of this stuff!

2 Likes

That train is the EXACT level of madness that keeps me coming back to this forum. Just in that one model you’ve exercised so many unique ideas and diverse sourcing yet steered them right into the Chaos Dwarf realm. I do hope you can participate in upcoming Artisan’s contests as builds like this are going to be eye catching in those custom build and kitbash focused contests.

6 Likes

The train is brilliant! Chaos dwarfs are all about mad science. Welcome aboard

3 Likes

That’s perfectly what our intentions were!
Well done on those warmachines!! And welcome! :hat7:

2 Likes

Your basing looks ace! Keep it up!!

2 Likes

Well… what can I say?! That looks very cool, what you have conjured up there. I think the train is very nice (except for a few details) and I’m really curious about the painting. Your colour scheme is also great, something completely different! I am looking forward to many more painted (!) models!

2 Likes

What would those things be ? Im always looking for ways to improve so if you have some sugestions plz dont hesitate telling me

Evening fellow properts of Hashut :slight_smile:

Project status report.

So ive started to coat the train a Lil bit it’s a slow progress cause after i was hit by a car a test SFO ive only just recently been able to get back to The Viby and i Can only sit at The Viby desk for a Good 45 min but enough about that, back ti The train, i Think it will end up looking fine, also i Found This ork “slave” im gona make him a shovel so he Can shovel the heads from the pile info the Canon so it’s shooting slave heads instead of canonballs also ive made a minor conversion a take on a deamon Smith duno if he is an abortion or keeper yet cant deside and then i gluede the 2nd out of 3 Bull-thaurs together :slight_smile:
Thats it for tonights work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Love the head shovelling idea, brilliant.

2 Likes