Nicodemus' Non-Dawi Zharr Blog

I used on have a non-Dawi Zharr blog on CDO. Figured I’d start an updated one here, mostly for completed BATG things at the moment, but I’m sure there will be more to come later on.

In Feb I was out of the country for a week, got COVID on the way back and wasn’t able to get out of bed for a week, then was still isolating for a week, although that week of isolation I was well enough to start painting. Nurgle seemed fitting so I made sure I licked the brush during the start of the process. Here’s what I managed to finish:

Nice old metal Plague Bearers

Putrid Blightkings & Lord of Blights (one with the shield)

Lord of Plagues and Gutrot Spume

Spoilpox Scrivener and Horticulous Slimux

All metal gang: Beast of Nurgle, Great Unclean One, & Epidemius

I’ve had Epidemius assembled and he and the Plague Bearers have even been based since 2009 or 2010, so it was great to finally get them painted up!

I have around 40-50 Chaos Warriors from various eras - In hindsight it would have been good to have painted up 8-10 of them in the same colour scheme as the Blightkings. I may do that sooner than later anyway, as my next big batches are going to be Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Khorne, so it seems fitting to have faction-appropriate CWs for each while I’m at it :wink:

~N

10 Likes

welcome back! Beautiful models!

1 Like

there is always that strange feeling of home when looking at nurgle miniatures
idk, i find them cozy for some wicked reason uhahuaauhahu
well done Nico! those plaguebearers are very nice put all together!

2 Likes

It turns out that after searching I could only find 49 Chaos Warriors, although I am fairly sure I still have some metal command models somewhere. I opted not to modify the battle masters models, and will instead dress them up with lots of weathering effects. I used some leftover body, head, and weapon pieces from the Blightking set and then hacked up some preassembled chaos warriors I had picked up dirt cheap from eBay a number of years ago. I am really out of practice using Green Stuff. Mostly because I am so allergic to the glue I have to wear a respirator, so I just usually avoid doing any green stuff work until I have no choice.

I did manage to find enough remaining chaos warrior models and bits to make factions for the other chaos gods at some point too.

So all in all 8 more to paint up and then I can move on from Nurgle… at least until I get to 40K!

~N

4 Likes

The final painted result of the stragglers from Nurgle’s horde:

And my Tzeentch army progress so far. Like the Nurgle models above, these have all been painted during BATG 2023 …

Still several more Tzeentch models left to paint (Sorcerers, Chaos Warriors, other Daemons), then I can move on to something completely new!
~N

4 Likes