Nobody expects the chaos dwarfs

Their scale is very different to all their contemporaries. Very cartoonish. Always has been. Your prints look right to me :slight_smile:

Dwarfs classified by sculpt for efficient batch painting. In theory i plan to paint one row every day and be done by sunday. I’m curious how long this will actually take.

8 Likes

I am really starting to appreciate the ergonomic qualities of these sculpts. They are like chess pieces, easily grasped by their hats.

2 Likes

It seems like the bull centaur base sizes were adjusted to suit the forgeworld models, so i had to adjust the size of the centaurs themselves

8 Likes

Great job! Can you tell us the scale used?

Thanks! The scale is 150%

1 Like

I only lasted one day into the challenge. These take far more effort to paint than I anticipated. I am mostly experienced with painting eldar and tau, i just airbrush them a certain color, pick out a few details and accents an they are done. These have different materials on every part of the figure. These two dozen dwarves took as much time to paint as a 2k point tau army.

6 Likes

I love the iron daemon, but the open drivers compartment always made me uneasy. There is a clear threat of good guys climbing up onto the engine and throwing the dwarfs overboard.

4 Likes

I heard someone in a podcast refer to the iron daemon as the ‘chaos version of Thomas the tank engine’

5 Likes

Awesome idea for that angry Thomas

I dispute the use of the term “Ugly”. Everything else is great.