Nobody expects the chaos dwarfs

I wanted a chaos dwarf army since I was a child, but only in the way one would want to own a pet rhinoceros, it would have been cool, but even at that time I realized it would be prohibitively expensive, thus had no chance of ever happening. Imagine my surprise when I found the whole big hat range has been 3d scanned. We truly live in an age of miracles! What a thrill!

11 Likes

Bull centaurs. Added some spikes to their shields so they are less plain

9 Likes

Welcome to cdo, what colour scheme are you going to go for?

1 Like

Hello! I don’t think I’m mad enough to replicate the 90s paint schemes, so mainly red with a zenital highlight with a lot of brass, plus maybe I’ll try using blood effect paint on their weapons.

4 Likes

Blunderbusses with boreholes

4 Likes

Taurus got his left wing nipped in a battle, a battle wound that is good!

4 Likes

Friendly reminder that even though we do not moderate content showing prints and recasts… it is still not allowed to discuss sources and share illegal scans!

6 Likes

What an impressive miniature! I love how snugly the shell fits in the bore!

6 Likes

The originals are massively improved with the holed barrels imho.

6 Likes

They are all finished! I must say I love how ergonomic these are as gaming pieces, the hats provide a very convenient grip, much akin to a chess piece!

13 Likes

What a big box of awesomeness. I’m not completely used to seeing full facsimile armies, but I expect more people are opting for printing as originals become harder to find/afford. I believe yours is the first, since the rules were relaxed around this forum so congrats :wink: Any plans for color scheme? Have you made any adjustments to the models?

2 Likes

Thank you! I replaced the warriors shields with the Fezabel shields and added boreholes on the blunderbusses. I also replaced the bannerpoles with 1.5mm brass rods. I hollowed 1.7mm holes for them in which they fit rather snugly. I will just airbrush them red with zenital highlights and pick out the details. I am actually considering adding markings like the ones on thuis bull to the bull centaurs with blue tac and the airbrush.

1 Like

I’m hoping to also see the raging ball sack represented on your Bull Centaurs and at least 300% larger

A missed opportunity, should have added scaled down truck nuts to the models before printing.

1 Like

I have been a bit distracted lately, so no progress other than this reprinted great taurus

6 Likes

Testicles? :palm_up_hand: Check. :ok_hand:

Nicodemus approved! :+1:

2 Likes

Remastered Banners

4 Likes

The first dwarf is complete! I wanted to achieve a balance between modern grimdark and the classic colorful style. I think it went ok.

6 Likes

Did I print my dwarves on the wrong scale, or are chaos dwarf faces comically huge compared to normal ones?

3 Likes

Lovely seeing paint going on these!!!