Off topic - Old school Orks

Something I’ve been working on recently. Nothing chaos dwarf related but certainly oldhammer related. I’m sure a few of you will get a kick out of these dudes.

)

9 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

It’s always nice seeing older models done with modern techniques. Often if you look at old pictures of them old minis can look badly sculpted/low detail but when you see them painted with modern paints/techniques and photographed with a digital camera many stand up to newer sculpts in quality.

3 Likes

Very much so, Dînadan. Poses are usually not as good in older miniatures, but overall design and details are often surprisingly fine.

1 Like

Da Boyz are back in town! These old sculpts have so much character, especially when brought to life like this

1 Like

Oh, nice… Really like your hip contrast painting style. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those minis (and that incredible artwork) are part of what drew me into Warhammer40k many moons ago, always great to see new ones and relive that feeling :grin::+1:t2:

1 Like

Great colours. Love these guys!

1 Like

Excellent painting on those old Orks. I remember them and probably have some somewhere as I have loads of Orks. In fact I am doing some now so maybe you have inspired me to create a post here?

1 Like

I dusted mine off in response after being inspired by a guy on twitter ! So go for it!

Please share what you do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful paint jobs on these. They look amazing. Makes me want to dust of my Orks and do some more work on them. Well Done!

1 Like

A couple more orks joined this warband today.

I found some blood bowl miniatures an eleven year old me had attacked nearly twenty years ago…the poor sods haha :joy:

Bit of biostrip later…

Good as new!

So I wanted to give these minis some love and some use. I decided to give them a few weapons and send them off to Angelis with my slowly growing ork mob.

Here they are finished

I think they fit in pretty well with the others so far

7 Likes

Amazing stuff, love seeing old minis get new life breathed into them and these really did turn out great

2 Likes