Opinions on rescaling Bully Centaurs 🐮

Hey y’all. I’m amping up to order a second batch of 3d printed models for my burgeoning chaos dwarf army (TOW Fire Dwarfs / Blanchitsu)

Among other things, I’m fixing to get a handful of Bull centaurs. These will be original sculpts and a single Fabelzel one to represent a Tau’ruk. These sculpts are however created for the 25x50mm bases in mind, and if you’ve seen it, you know that they look lost on the 50x75 bases that are required for TOW.

That being the case, I’m looking into rescaling them, so they fit the bases better. Apologies to GW oldhammer purists if you feel it’s an affront to the OG sculpts :sweat_smile:

So here’s how they look with no rescaling:

:point_up: Quite lost on the bases, similar size to the infantryman.

Scaled to 140%:

:point_up: Filling out the bases more, but looking a bit tall. Sacrilegous, I know, but the hats get a bit too tall on them, imo :grimacing: Also, the axe on the OG bulltaur looks a bit stretched.

Last one, scaled to 140% in width and breadth, but standard size in height:

I like this version. They fill out the base, the hats aren’t too tall (if a bit squished, tbf), and the great axe looks proportional.

Any ideas how to do this better? Comments or preferences on the different versions? I’d love to hear your thoughts :pray:

1 Like

The 140% scale all over looks best to me. I think you might be able to get away with 130% if you are worried about them being too big.

I just had my friend do 150% and I found that to work perfectly. 140 also looks great

They will end up very tall regardless, and so does the FW ones

I think it was you who gave me the idea, as a matter of fact, so thanks for that :slight_smile:
Them ending up very tall is why I dabbled in the squished upscaling. I subsequently tried 150% in width and 115% in height, I think that gave the impression of a larger model, dwarfen in proportion, that didn’t look too squished.

The FW ones are very different in proportion, I think, and are bulky as all hell right out of the box. The OG ones are quite slim in comparison.

1 Like