Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Mar 16 2024 - A Machine for Pigs]

Behold some not very exciting and altogether far too time consuming unit filler for a surprise infantry regiment I’m working toward, a retinue to accompany my recent emissary from @Xander … More to come in the near future, pending a bit of international shipping.

I’d like to say this was all just as planned… but… In the process of acquiring some gnoblar bits that will end up in my Walhut Heresy project… The other ogre bits used here just came along for the ride, and I’m happy they did.

Started off making a few bases of camp supplies. The barrel with scoop was an absolute must-use piece that I reveled upon finding it buried in the bits bag.

Also note the use of rope doing regular rope things @chitzkoi … Being stored for future survival situations that require legitimate use of rope: Lashing gear together, towing equipment, setting up shelters, rappelling down your Ziggurat to clean off all the elven blood, heavy duty clothes line for hanging up (dangerously heavy @Oxymandias ) trousers and undertrousers. It’s amazing how useful rope can be, best not to squander it.

Rope tangent over. Rope for the rope god, knots for the knot throne! Okay now I’m done.

This slave ogre was a long process for me. Started off as just arms, head, and wireframe. Lucky to have scored one of the helmed heads we just saw appear in the Artisans Contest entry by @Iceman . Slapped the gutplate (with slave rune that @Antenor spotted straight away) on when the belly was suitably rotund. Had to do some thumb surgery since I only had left hands. As has been the recent theme on CDO, I like how he looks from the rear with his chain weight. Not perfect but hopefully some paint will make up the difference. It was good practice and I think he’ll fit in the unit nicely.

Here’s an early WIP

12 Likes