Reaver's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2021]

Bloodsuckers and Lost Children of Antiquity. Cainhurst Castle expansion is almost ready for fully painted campaigns!

11 Likes

Well excited for these two minis to show up as enemies in a game as they’re inspired by but not direct participants in the video game. 5 minis remaining in the Cainhurst Castle box.

11 Likes

Speed paint compared to my slow average pace but I like the way they turned out. Somewhat bland mobs but hey, even gramps in PJs can whap you with his cane.

10 Likes

Looks great reaver. The edge of the carpet on that base is particularly impressive

1 Like

thanks! you’ve spotted it. I’ve allowed myself sculpting one small fun added base detail per 4 mobs. A second has just the sculpted cobble and the remaining two are quick baking soda/sand/rocks.

2 Likes

Martyr Logarius marks the completion of my first full box of Bloodborne minis, allowing me to fully play the Cainhurst Castle campaign with painted minis.

Logarius is an epic fight on a snowy castle roof where he has made his single purpose to prevent the return of the Vileblood faction, sworn enemy of Logarius’ executioners.

13 Likes

Porco Dio! @Loidrial

16 Likes

Perfection!

1 Like

So good!!! Really threatening creatures. Great paint job.

2 Likes

Those eyes are terrifying!

1 Like

Boy o boy that’s an amazing Porco!!!

2 Likes

I suddenly regret every bacon sandwich I ever ate!

3 Likes

These are monstrous! As is the effort to get so many minis completed and to such a high standard
:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

thanks all! I’m enjoying the bulk painting more than I expected so I’m leaning into it. Got to play a 2 player game with another Bloodborne fanatic using the Cainhurst minis 100% painted and it was so worth it.

It’s been nice painting minis without a bazillion bingalee dingalees and rope adorned crotches. Doing custom bases and winging a few new painting techniques helps keep the train rolling. Luckily this year I haven’t sprung for any new 200+ miniature kickstarters. But I am starting to receive some 2019 and 2020 kickstarters in the mail.

1 Like

Some of the most brutal and terrifying enemies in the video game. Every player remembers the first time they got snatched.

Working my way through the next campaign box.

10 Likes

Completely unplanned unit from the emissary exchange. Was really fun to work with @Xander conversions and make a themed unit based on the emissary retinue. As these were new models assembled and painted (excluding the direct pre-painted gift from Xander) I’ll count this as 17 models on and off the grey pile.

7 Likes

Good day for the BATG today. Knocked out 4 Mad Ones in quick order. These nuisances are lethal when they find you or when they get summoned out of nowhere by the dam Witches of Hemwick

7 Likes

What an awesome project! following along with interest as my proper battle against the grey is only just properly beginning!

Join us in the Great War against the grey! It’s good for accountability and tracking progress. I’ll definitely be doing one again next year. But no reason to wait until then to start waging war!

1 Like

Most definitely already started my war!

1 Like