Reaver's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2021]

It’s a new year and I’ve decided (thanks to motivation from fellow Zharr inclined hobbyists) to make my battle against the grey official. I’ll be keeping a log here of models painted both Chaos Dwarf related and other miscellaneous pursuits. Last year I made an effort to paint from both the newest and oldest models in my backlog. I hope to continue that this year while tracking my progress against new purchases entering the grey pile.

Here are some of the project’s I’ll be looking to tackle this year:

4 Likes

The Official Tally

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 79
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Created: 38
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 170

Total: -53

Bloodborne the Board Game

Characters, bosses, mini-bosses
Models painted: 56

Characters

Mini-Bosses

Bosses

Bloodborne the Board Game

Mob enemies
Models painted: 68

First models off the grey pile this year! I’ve been teaching my girlfriend to paint and she loves squigs so I kitbashed some models to paint alongside hers. These 4 junkyard squig herders will join a ragtag collection of 40k orkish creations I’ve accrued.

Base rims will need touchup when she chooses a color for hers but I’m calling these done. Let the tally begin!

I’m especially fond of the RC squig dragging a meat lure kitbash.

7 Likes

I like to think that Tzeentch and the Thousand Sons were floating on magic stuff before it was such a mainstream thing to do (looking at you essentially every Age of Sigmar character model ever). Seems to me as if the GW designers are having a friendly competition to see how precariously they can perch a character on a swooshy wisp of magic or billowing smoke, fire, shadow, blood, noxious goo, etc. Whatever the medium, GW has decreed all characters must float!

Rant aside, this was a fun challenge, a real rabbit hole of minutia. I’m excited to put time into the two remaining sorcerers (which I’ve owned for far too long) since this one is probably the most vanilla of the 3. I call him Vanilla Man. Bird man and Thoth man coming soon(ish)

6 Likes

Finished the birdman birdsurfer. These Thousand Sons are fighting hard to keep me away from the legions of grey behind them.

12 Likes

Golden Hat XXXVI entry and emissary exchange models completed! Two more off the pile, can’t wait to share images after the fact but I impatiently want to edit my grey total now.

GHXXXVI Entry

Emissary Exchange

3 Likes

14 Chaos Dwarf Warriors with blunderbusses completed. Full post on my blog.

7 Likes

Last sorcerer, Thothman! As usual I end up liking the base as much if not more than the mini itself. Gasp, he’s not even floating! Maybe he will be soon once he finishes warping the rock he’s standing on…

9 Likes

Very nice and tzeentchy :cd1980:

Did u actually highlight the armourwith tzeentch symbols? Haha ott. I love it

1 Like

Yeah I did put some swirlies in there. It was my bit of extra effort to make these still in scheme but a bit distinct from the more common Rubric Marines.

1 Like

First minis for Bloodborne the board game. Started off with these lamps that get used in every game and were also a good candidate for speedpainting. Think I’m going to collect a Bloodborne tally and images here as well.

In Bloodborne the little white messengers have different fashion options, pointless skins you can collect to change their appearance, most in the form of hats so obviously I had to add these little details to make the 5 lamps unique. My favorite are the urns on their heads messengers on the far left.

4 Likes

Looking great Reaver!

1 Like

Pretty speedy painting for me! Another 15 down.

The board game included duplicates of all player characters in case of an NPC or miniboss encounter. I decided to go a quick route and paint these as red phantom invaders similar to those seen when playing Soulsborne games online.

3 Likes

Needed to start dialing in my DIY “blood for the blood god” or “Blood for the Great Ones” in this case since Bloodborne involves, well… a lot of blood. What better way to dive in than just throwing it on a Queen’s wedding dress and hoping for the best. Did a little touch up after but have since tweaked the recipe.

6 Likes

First team of hunters leaving the workshop.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Father Gascoigne. An iconic boss from Bloodborne. Such a tense moment when he transforms into a beast and the music intensifies just begging for you to panic your way to death…

8 Likes

Just saw this post finally. A good idea to track your output and considering doing something similar in a post, though my output is not so high as your own. Good incentive to keep on working on models. Beautiful work on the Bloodborne models

1 Like