Savage chorfs and other deranged ideas (blog)

I don’t know why I had this idea but now I can’t get it out of my head: Chaos Dwarfs as absolute savage brutes

(also damn it’s hard to sculpt curls)

9 Likes

6 Likes

Orrr Squigs, but Chaos Dwarfs? :innocent:

Very nice design!

1 Like

This is absolutely insane! pls upload stl somewhere!

1 Like

it looks like a chaos dwarf suffering from dwarfism!

1 Like

That looks like something I would have done ten years ago… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Id love to see a unit of them. He looks great, sculpt some with stone axes and picks?

1 Like

what would a sorcerer in this style look like? Shamanistic presumably.

1 Like

As for improvements that come to mind or have been suggested:
-Add hands/arms so its not so egg-shaped. Maybe even make him knucle-dragging for extra ‘brutishness’
-More volume to the hair and beard?
-Weapon(s): rock/stone

Im open to your suggestions!

@Oxymandias Believe it or not that was totally the vibe I was going for, hahaha!

@Jasko Now that you mention it, they do look more like squigs indeed, I guess I’ll have to adjust the proportions so its not so spherical looking

@Short_ugly_and_evil Im gonna be honest with you, Im really new to digital sculpting so I probably have the settings of the sculpt all messed up for 3d printing. Anyway, let me finish it (the back isnt done at all!) and adjust it a bit, but after that I’ll gladly share it with you all!

(also, Chaos Dwarf²)

@tjub Would love to see your version!

@Zoddtheimmortal Thats a great idea but Im a really slow working artist, and I get caught up in different stuff constantly and hardly sticking to any idea to the end, lets see if I can properly finish this one and maybe I could give the unit idea a try!

@Gargolock If im honest the only thing that comes to mind is too orc-like, I’ll have to think about a different aproach so it feels primitive but not orcish

3 Likes

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

9 Likes

Converting it into a physical sculpt! I’m so excited to see it finished haha

1 Like

I kinda drifted into the project of finishing the trad sculpt so here it is

Still getting used to trad (Ive only done digital up until now) and learning the many challenges that come with it, but im really happy with the result.
I’d love to make a mold so I can cast in in pewter/resin but I dont think the sculpt itself is suited for that, so if anyone has any experience/advice I’d love to hear it

11 Likes

Check this blog out for casting!

1 Like

So I got distracted again, and decided to convert a regular dwarf into a chorf
behold!

9 Likes

This is proper spirit of 2007 @Xander style conversion! excellent

4 Likes

Awesome conversion! :+1:

3 Likes

At some point I should start painting these dudes but what to start with…

6 Likes