Scaling Lost Kingdom Hobgoblins

Hello all! Sorry if this is a tired question but I did some searching and couldn’t find much discussion on the LK Hobgoblins, just Dwarfs and Centaurs.

I am planning to go a 100% printed force using LK wherever I can. I ran off some test prints last night at 100% scale to see how they’d fit on some 25s. I am pretty happy with the warrior but the Hobgoblin seems huge.

I snapped a comparison, the dwarf on the far left is a Highlands Miniatures warrior printed at 92%

Here he is looking almost as tall as a Primaris Marine. Worried if I don’t scale them down they’ll look giant on the table even if they manage to rank up.

An issue I have though is I am not sure what size Hobgoblins should be, I don’t have any classic minis of them etc. I would love some advice, input etc.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

1 Like

For LK, it depends. Compared to an Azgorh model, the Immortals look good at roughly 91%, while the Elite Guard need a bump, up to 105%.

Hobs typically wouldn’t be as tall as Orcs, IMO. The old ones were roughly the same size as the big hats, guessing straight up 28mm. I haven’t printed mine yet, but my intention would be to put their shoulders at the top of the properly sized LK model. Not sure what that will look like yet, but I think the one you have looks too large to me, especially compared to the Primaris.

Thanks for that,
Yeah he does look quite large, this was the Gobbo spearman at 100% straight from LK. Im going to drop him down 5% at a time until it looks right.

I guess since I am only using LK and not mixing ranges the scale is less of an issue but I don’t want them looking too out of scale on the battlefield.

1 Like