Smiddy Smites the Grey Tide [BATG 2022]

good to hear, maybe i should…

oh look there, more cool big hats

2 Likes

So January has finished, and I will bask in it’s glory as it will probably be one of more successful months I feel.

First I finished up the last of my Dothraki for my ASOIAF army, pretty pleased with this as its probably the fastest I have put together a full army for something. (About three months)

Next up on the paint table were some Kruel Boyz to make up a Hobgrot heavy warband for Warcry. Got a 4 player campaign lined up for early March so they are ready to go.

Lastly, is a new entry. Yes I got seduced by the temptress that is ebay into picking up a couple of Legion of Azgorh models I didn’t have. Tried to get them both done, but timed out on the Daemonsmith for January. The Deathshrieker has already been slaying the other fire dwarfs on the table.

All in all a good month, finished an army, new warband and even more Chorfs.

:arrow_up: Additions: 2
:arrow_down: Painted: 18
:arrow_right: Net score: -16

7 Likes

Glorious! You did good, showing those other dwarfs the sharp end of the stick.

3 Likes

Beautifully executed models. Keep em Coming!

2 Likes

February updated. So I knew it was bound to be less productive than January, but perhaps not this bad.

Only two models ticked off and one of them was started in January. The other is is going into the golden hat so will be secret for now.

Otherwise I grabbed the new Kruleboyz Warcry set… I just wanted the cards. Honest.

:arrow_up: Additions: 13
:arrow_down: Painted: 2
:arrow_right: Net score: +11

6 Likes

Think it’s a wrap for this month, out of time for models as spending most of my time out of town.

Finished the murder turkeys, which were the last things hanging around from the Warcry set a couple of years back. Will throw them on the table in 1K Slaves to Darkness list on tomorrow.

Then got the last of my Draugr for Skyrim done. Thinks that is 18 now for some savage solo play for the dragon born!

I only added one model this month which was the Chaos Dwarf Painter, which was a random prize from the Golden Hat. So can’t feel bad about that one!

:arrow_up: Additions: 1
:arrow_down: Painted: 12
:arrow_right: Net score: -11

Edit: And the missing entry from last month:

11 Likes

That’s a glorious Shar’tor Smiddy, I like the colour on the skin very much

2 Likes

Thanks, yea I was pleased with how it came out. Usually a bit intimidated, by big models.

Airbrush really helped with the skin.

2 Likes

Another month done already! Was pretty fruitful though with 20 models knocked off. My best month so far! The Untamed Beasts are pretty easy to get done with the help of some contrast. Then a couple of additional solo models ticked off. This leaves only two models left in my 1K Slaves to Darkness AoS / Warcry menagerie now.

:arrow_up: Additions: 0
:arrow_down: Painted: 20
:arrow_right: Net score: -20

As soon as the paint is dried the Untamed Beasts were out fighting the Unmade, they lost but thats the way for new models!

11 Likes

These are all such great minis right, lovely effort mate what a great month up 20 :partying_face:

3 Likes

Yea I hope they do something interesting with them in the new Slaves to Darkness book at the end of the year! Would love a Darkoath themed list.

3 Likes

That’s May wrapped up for me, a solid effort in numbers an a mixed bag of models. Finished off another 10 hobgrots, and rebased the 10 I had already done as well. Decided to make the KruleBoyz water bases, so I could try out some UV resin. Pretty pleased with the outcome.

Then a few more AoS models hanging about, although the relaque was just a fun piece for my Bretonian themed Flesh Eaters.

I traded out some models as well. Offloaded three of the primaris marines, as I have no plans for doing anything with them. Brought in a Swampcalla Shaman, Pot Grot and Beast-Skewer Killbow in there place, to help get me to 1K Kruleboys. So claiming a net 0 on the trade.

:arrow_up: Additions: 0
:arrow_down: Painted: 13
:arrow_right: Net score: -13

11 Likes

I muchly approve of dead bretonians. That’s a very twisted twist on an already fun concept. Nice work!

4 Likes

Good work! And cool to see more WarCry players, great casual game IMO! + for the nice Flesh Eaters-conversion as well… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, maybe I’ll put out some pics of the full FEC army next month.

Yea warcry is probably my favourite, since original Necromunda. Got a lot of play out of it, group has tapered off a bit now though.

2 Likes

Bit late for the June update, but none the less here we go.

It was all Kruleboyz, I was taking 1K of them to an event so cranked them out quite quickly. Not so happy with some of them. I think I will redo the wood of the Beast-skewer Killbow, I used Wyldwood contrast and its a bit dark. All of the infantry could do with a few more highlights as well.

I also added a few models this month as well. There was a new in box N96 Escher gang that I decided I needed to have as well as some more 6 KruleBoyz. Also sold off the box of flayers, as I can’t see myself adding more to my FEC army.

:arrow_up: Additions: 11
:arrow_down: Painted: 19
:arrow_right: Net score: -8

6 Likes

Looks great! I only did a few, enough for WarCry. Should really find time to finish enough for a small army… Such themey models!

That’s how I started, with a Warcry warband. Hobgrots and a Killa Boss… pretty good build. Take the highground and throw bombs!

I think that’s a wrap for the month. Got bit slowed up by a large model, in the Breaka Boss. Then started on my vintage Necromunda models that I wanted to take a bit of time over. I’d forgotten how great these old models are, so character full, not like a lot of the new generic plastic stuff.

Added to the pile, another Necromunda Escher model and five Cataphractii terminators to make a Deliverers Raven Guard unit for Heresy.

7 Likes

Slow month for painting just finished up the remainder of the Escher gang. They’re great though, so might have picked up a few more.

In addition to 5 more Escher girls, I grabbed another 10 Gutrippaz that were a bargain on ebay. That’s to positive months in a row now though :sweat_smile:

:arrow_up: Additions: 15
:arrow_down: Painted: 4
:arrow_right: Net score: +11

8 Likes