Soldiers of the great mine

A little progress.
My immortals grew to 15 and the first 5 citadel guard done. Basing is not complete yet.

7 Likes

Nice choice with the blue, suits that style very well and adds a great splash of colour :+1:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

1 Like

I am quite satisfied with the Blue/Turquoise in combination with the snow, which will be added soon to all remaining bases of my dark dwarves.
As you see above I had some grass under the “melting” snow on my first bases. What do you think of that? Is the grass confusing, should I use dry/winter tufts instead? Or should I use snow only and no Vegetation at all?

Yeah, I’m surprised that I do like the scheme, but one I’ve my favourite colours in nature is blue ice

1 Like

Great colour scheme! It all combines really well. I like the little patches of green grass under the melting snow, I think they go along well with the army’s general pattern.

1 Like

Looking great. Still Loving the scheme. The bases look great. I do like the grass under the snow, I would go with dry grass given the choice, but they do look great as is.

1 Like

Lovely colour scheme! A rather bold take, to great effect. Beautifully painted and presented as always. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all. Then I will sticken to the basing. Completed it on the last 10 models and took the chance to rebase my Bezhukk and his Execuioner and Bodyguard, the infamous Jorgul Skulltaker.

Loosened up the scale armor with some colored scales.

10 Likes

Update, Tervok, Bull centaur supervisor of the ogre slaves:

7 Likes

This is my favourite mini of the entire new Forgeworld range and you sir have done it justice :+1:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you Sir.
For me it is one of the most characterful minis, too. I loved painting it.

2 Likes

The chronopia minis mix really well with forgeworld - who would have thought it!?

The big centaur hero looks absolutely badass.

Also loving the colour scheme - goes against what you expect with chaos dwarfs, but that’s a good thing. You’ve picked a bright beautiful main colour normally associated with the good guys and through a very well executed style made it totally work for the bad guys!

Some very subtle techniques you’ve used to tie the units all together. Eg the Chronopia guys have less blue armour but the blue oxidisation on the plates helps them fell like a part of the same visual style as the forgeworld dudes.

Keep up the great work!!!

3 Likes

Long time no see. A little update, had the opportunity to paint a few models.

10 Likes

Lovely stuff! So jealous of your siege gargant - don’t seem to be able to find those anywhere these daysb

2 Likes

Very nice colour scheme on your army. I dont think ive seen your blog before. the chronopia models stand out for me, they are pretty cool

2 Likes

Beautifully painted new additions, Hood! All of them are great models.

1 Like