[Sproghammer] “Battle for the gems”

I sometimes play a massively simplified version of Warhammer with my daughter (5 at the time of writing) that I have dubbed “Sproghammer”.

Today she created a scenario where her lizard man chieftain (named “Fire!”) went underground to an old temple to get some gems from the chests. However an orc warlord (Named “smelly”) was waiting in ambush…

Her moves are normally narrated by her own innocent little story telling so I have included her story beats along the way.

The lizardmen approached the ruined temple…

The orcs arrive to defend their loot.

The legend of the “gems” was too much for one saurus warrior to handle. Seeing the prize, he broke ranks and climbed on top of the pile of treasure.

The rest of the lustrian warband moved up at a sensible pace. One warrior discovered a barrel of wine and drank the lot!

The skinks, part of a regiment of renown known as “the baby dinosaurs moved up, took aim and felled some goblins from a distance.

At this point the orcs bellowed a warcry and charged the lizardmen.

The lizardmen defended well, fighting them back.

Fire boldly crossed the bridge shrugging off a hail of ineffective goblin projectiles.

The mighty warboss, Smelly, challenged him to a duel. However before he could even finish his sentence he was struck by a skink arrow and fell into the lava.

Angered. The goblins swarmed over Fire and beat him to death. (Not before some of goblins had lost their heads!)

The orcs were defeated by the saurus warriors and lizardmen fell upon the treasure.

Their warboss dead and the orcs defeated the last few remaining goblins fled from the ancient temple .

Victory to the lizardmen who now owned the chests filled with gems!!!

7 Likes

This is wonderful!

Love it :star_struck: My daughter is 1½ and also checking out some of papa’s toys. I happen to have some minis from some kind of world of warcraft board game that we play with together. The other day I took the frostsaber cat and went “raarh!”. She grabbed the orc Gorebelly and went “raarh!” and then made them kiss :see_no_evil: smooch :kissing_heart:

The next step will probably be some of those rubbery D&D models.

4 Likes

You need to grow 2-3 more kids, then you get the full heroquest and space crusade experience!

2 Likes

If you don’t have friends IRL - just make some :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

This is great, little Chaos Dwarfs. Back in the early 90,s my boys loved Warhammer. They lost most, but not all of my old 1986 Chaos Dwarf Renegades army in the yard. I still unearth old mini’s from time to time working in the flower beds. Good times.
Been thinking about getting a metal detector.

2 Likes