Squattish Shooters Ahoy!

@Jackswift : Thanks a lot! I look forward to see what Squattish things you cook up in the future.

@Zoddtheimmortal : Thank you most kindly! Haha, my little brother forced me to resume conversion work on my Squat projects when the Leagues of Votann news arrived. I’ve been tinkering, have no worries there. But it will happen at a Dwarven pace! :smiley:

Chaos Squats must be loads of fun! I look forward to see what you cook up there. I might be converted.

I hear you on the futuristic gear! I’m slow to sculpt such things, but this is giving me some much-needed practice. Most of my experience lies squarely in classic fantasy.

I have a Chaos Dwarf collection, but in 19 years of Warhammer hobby I have never managed to paint a whole army of any faction. :smiley:

Squattish Grav-Jack

Grav-jacks are gravity repulsor units fitted to landbound vehicles, treasured and rare through the Imperium of Man, yet commonplace among the Kin of Squats. A halfway house between a skimmer and a groundbound tank, a heavy vehicle equipped with grav-jacks may fire up the anti-gravitic engines to lessen ground pressure. A light thrust may prove sufficient for the vehicle to escape becoming mired in mud, marshes, crystafields and still more alien kinds of treacherous soil. Yet should the vehicle run stuck, a strong thrust will be employed to lift it out of the trapping ground. Grav-jacks have limited energy and will require recharging via the vehicle’s batteries between uses, yet grav-jack patterns employed by the Leagues of Votann have been noted to be powerful enough to function as grav-chutes for heavy vehicles during their entire descent through atmosphere, something which is far beyond the wilted abilities of Imperial relic grav-jacks. Grav-jacks are believed to have originally been designed to move freight-containers during the Dark Age of Technology, and a lot more can be found out about them here.

The basis for these extensive conversions are the tracks of a resin Ramshackle Gnu armoured transport vehicle. The rest of the behemoth build is yet to be finished.

6 Likes