Tamurkhan rules for old world

I like the idea lake but that would be kinda nuts and lowkey kinda goes against the idea of the original intention of it but thanks for the suggestion boss

1 Like

Alright he’s been toned down again

2 Likes

I think what we have learned from your efforts here is that 8th edition had power creep and Forge World design-for-narrative that is out of step with TOW at this time. That makes sense. I think the extremely powerful versions of Tamurkhan that you have created are not incorrect, it’s just that they’re not enjoyable for play outside of a carefully constructed scenario.

3 Likes

For what he is I think you’ve made him quite weak now. Remember that a Special Character has no access to the customisation of a standard Chaos Lord.

Tamurkhan in 8th was actually quite a weak pick I would say. I have played nearly the entire campaign now and he suffers from a variety of issues: He only has an armour save, the attack output of Tamurkhan & Bubelos is actually quite low - they are reliant on being able to do the super-thunderstomp which is not always possible, they are only Ld9, can’t fly, costs a HUGE amount of points, has to challenge as per all Chaos chars, low Initiative and Tamurkhan has ASL due to great weapon.

I think these rules would pretty much all port over to TOW and if you capped him at 10W he would still be a sub-par choice compared to a standard kitted out Chaos Lord on Chaos Dragon. Plus he would cost a buttload of points

1 Like

yeah hes been entirely scrapped

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be discouraged, Bobo. I think you should keep your original work. This guy was one of the greatest Chaos Lords in history, contesting the Throne of Chaos. It makes sense that he’s not for casual gaming!

4 Likes

That would be the most dangerous situation imo. It would die and possess the next model almost instantly lol

2 Likes

Dont remove the document please, id love to try it out

3 Likes

Alright enjoy man

2 Likes