Tamurkhan rules for old world

hey guys may i ask if you guys have any suggestions to rules for a tamurkhan home rules for the big man for his release in thrones of decay

4 Likes

like example like tamkurkhan should be very durable my question is how durable

2 Likes

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_TTnoWL_6cgrzywGEs5xLIDAFsVuHJ5R1Ze-jv-tWhY/edit Tamurkhan first draft thoughts?

2 Likes

W12 may be too much, hahahaha. It would literally turn him into the most unbeatable lord in the game, especially if he gets a free 5+ regen

3 Likes

Down tk 10?

2 Likes

I removed a few of his rules from the previous version

3 Likes

access denied

1 Like
2 Likes

Way to strong for a homebrew char. It should definitely be more expensive and less strong then the strongest lord on dragon. So one didn’t piss opponents off :wink:

7 wounds if t7 to begin with

1 Like

I think the thing with Tamurkhan/Bubelos is that it trades some attack output for some additional toughness

A Chaos Dragon gives +1T and +6W in the book and is WS6 S7 A6 I4. This essesntially means a regular Chaos Lord comes out at 10W.

Bubelos equivalent would be more +2T +7W (book states rarest of cases can go above 10…I would say Tamurkhan would be a rare case). The rest of the stats are WS5 S8 A4 I2. If you wanted to tone it down a bit more you could cap it out at 10W.

Bubelos also can not fly but gains extra stompage and it’s Colossal Beast. All in all I would say it comes out costing a bit more than the Chaos Dragon with a bit of “Special Character Tax” added on top.

Tamurkhan also has no ward save in 8th, which is easily his biggest weakness. Just relies on toughness, old school chaos armour and nurgleyness. How you reflect that is a good question.

1 Like

Yeah wether to give him wards (woc ow chaos armour)/regen 5+ or just basically give him the old colossal beast rule which makes him borderline immune to small arms and couldn’t just e autoslain

1 Like

Could remove wards just give him an armour save like his old one 3+ armour but no wards and make it so he can’t just be lifted by monster slayer and bump his wounds up +2 or something

1 Like

Okay question for ya laketide what makes him op in comparison to any dragon lord which typically have like a ward a regen a 2+ save yadda yards etc their fully killed out like 650 points Tamkurhan is a full 220 points more then that.

1 Like

gotta look at it more closely before saying anything, didnt even see the points cost at first glance.

Will def playtest it once i get ahold of the model

2 Likes

Could do some warhwll testing

1 Like

My process for converting over units to TOW is as follows:

1. Find the closest equivalent unit(s) within that edition to the unit you want to convert.
  2. Compare stats, special rules, points, etc, with the unit you want to convert. Note all the differences.
  3. Find closest equivalent unit in TOW.
  4. Try to apply the differences found in (2) to the unit in (3).
  5. Fudge everything to make it fit better.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter too much as long as you don’t get it too far off. If someone is willing to use house rules then the narrative is probably more important than balance.

3 Likes

that was pretty much what i did for it good to know on the process

1 Like

Imagine if it was really easy to kill but it automatically took over the model that killed it on a 2+ and is treated as your army until that model dies… and on a 2+ it takes over that, etc.

2 Likes

that would be so infuriating haha. it could eat a whole unit in one turn

2 Likes

not if it became a peasant :smiley:

2 Likes