Took my first steps into the world of Chorfs!

Hi big hats! Figured I’d introduce myself now, as I finally painted my first Chorf! This was also my first attempt at painting something in a bright, retro style. Done up for a dear friend’s birthday gift, as he had the good sense to choose Chaos Dwarfs as his WHF army.

No base yet, as I haven’t decided on the scheme for the eventual army; sadly no classic Goblin Green, as the friend is red-green color deficient (in his case meaning he can see both red and green, but not both close together).

Oh, I also have an Instagram at redwardspainting . If any of you do too, I’d love to follow you on there! Cheers all!

20 Likes

Awesome stuff, you nailed that one! Excellent work, mate. And welcome

2 Likes

Thank you so much, and for the welcome! I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard the Chaos Dwarf ship of Hashuts Dominion! You knocked one out of the stadium right off the bat, glorious!

3 Likes

Welcome! This is one of the best executions of this model I’ve seen! Great job! I hope you do more :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Very kind words indeed :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you kindly! That’s high praise. I’m prepping more models as we speak!

1 Like

Awesome paintjob! What about some more painted models? :beer:

1 Like

Many thanks! I’m cleaning and assembling more of the little fellows as well speak :smiley:

2 Likes

What I find interesting is how you’ve reduced complexity in the model by painting the hat rims and sleeves in the same red blocking color. The other sculpted features (skulls etc) stand out more this way. Was this a conscious decision?

1 Like

Whoof, sorry for the late reply. The decision to paint them as they are was conscious! It wasn’t part of a grand plan to make the details pop more, but I did indeed choose to make them red as I was going along. It just felt like the thing to do, to me, given how much there was going on with the model. I like the effect that it had in the end. :slight_smile:

1 Like