[TOW] 2k list + cardboard fight! šŸ‚

Hey yā€™all. Iā€™m looking to participate in a tournament at 2k points (as the title suggests), and Iā€™d like to hear your input regarding three lists Iā€™ve made.

Nr 1:

++ Characters [692 pts] ++
Sorcerer-Prophet [485 pts]
(Darkforged weapon, Heavy armour, Level 4 Wizard, General, Bale Taurus, Talisman of Protection, Mantle of Stone, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Potion of Speed, Dark Magic)

Infernal Seneschal [129 pts]
(Great weapon, Heavy armour, Standard Bearer, Armour of Silvered Steel)

Black Orc Bigboss [78 pts]
(Additional hand weapon, Full plate armour, On foot)

++ Core Units [509 pts] ++
8 Infernal Guard [136 pts]
(Hailshot blunderbluss, Heavy armour, Shield, Detachment)

20 Black Orc Mob [313 pts]
(Hand weapon, Full plate armour, 10x Great weapon, 10x Additional hand weapon, Boss, Standard bearer [War Banner], Musician)

10 Hobgoblin Cutthroats [30 pts]
(Hand weapons and shortbow)

++ Special Units [799 pts] ++
3 Bull Centaur Renders [227 pts]
(Great weapons, Light armour, Shield, Baā€™hal [Hellshard], Standard bearer, Musician)

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower [45 pts]
(Bolt thrower, Hand weapons, Light armour)

18 Infernal Ironsworn [482 pts]
(Great weapons, Full plate armour, Shield, Overseer (champion), Standard bearer [The Lammasuā€™s Beard], Musician)

So this one leans quite heavily into the Bale Taurus, which Iā€™ve been wanting to use for a while (still need a model for it though, oh well). The combat blocks do their thing while the bolt throwers and goblins harass and keep the enemy moving.

Nr 2:

++ Characters [512 pts] ++
Sorcerer-Prophet [305 pts]
(Hand weapon, Heavy armour, Be a Level 4 Wizard, On foot, Talisman of Protection, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Mantle of Stone, Daemonology)

(Great weapon, Heavy armour, Battle Standard Bearer, Armour of Silvered Steel)

Black Orc Bigboss [78 pts]
(Additional hand weapon, Full plate armour, On foot)

++ Core Units [537 pts] ++
15 Infernal Guard [288 pts]
(Fireglaives, Heavy armour, Shield, Deathmask (champion), Standard bearer [Ashen Banner], Musician)

15 Black Orc Mob [219 pts]
(Hand weapon, Full plate armour, 6x Great weapon, 9x Additional hand weapon, Boss, Standard bearer, Musician)

++ Special Units [760 pts] ++
4 Bull Centaur Renders [315 pts]
(Great weapons, Light armour, Shield, Baā€™hal [Hellshard], Standard bearer [War Banner], Musician)

Iron Daemon [310 pts]
(Steam Cannonade, Hand weapons, Hellbound)

Magma Cannon [135 pts]
(Fire thrower, Hand weapons, Heavy Armour, Steam Carriage)

++ Rare Units [185 pts] ++
1 Dreadquake Mortar [185 pts]
(Dreadquake Mortar, Hand weapons, Heavy armour, Ogre Loader)

Kind of a twist on my previous lists, with some rearranging. This one is not totally castling, as the train drags the magma cannon along, and the bulltaurs threaten the flanks while the infantry advances.

Nr 3:

++ Characters [884 pts] ++
Sorcerer-Prophet [445 pts]
(Darkforged weapon, Heavy armour, 1x Blood of Hashut, Level 4 Wizard, General, Lammasu Sorcerous Exhalation, Talisman of Protection, Mantle of Stone, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Daemonology)

(Great weapon, Heavy armour, Standard Bearer, Armour of Silvered Steel)

Bull Centaur Taurā€™ruk [192 pts]
(Darkforged Weapon, Heavy armour, Enchanted Shield, Mantle of Stone)

Black Orc Bigboss [118 pts]
(Additional hand weapon, Full plate armour, On foot, Trollhide Trousers)

++ Core Units [620 pts] ++
15 Infernal Guard [308 pts]
(Fireglaives, Heavy armour, Shield, Deathmask (champion) [Hellshard], Standard bearer [Ashen Banner], Musician)

15 Black Orc Mob [238 pts]
(Hand weapon, Full plate armour, 10x Great weapon, 5x Additional hand weapon, Boss [Obsidian Vambraces], Standard bearer, Musician)

10 Hobgoblin Cutthroats [37 pts]
(Hand weapons and shortbow, Boss (champion))

10 Hobgoblin Cutthroats [37 pts]
(Hand weapons and shortbow, Boss (champion))

++ Special Units [310 pts] ++
3 Bull Centaur Renders [220 pts]
(Hand weapons, Light armour, Shield, Baā€™hal, Standard bearer [War Banner], Musician)

++ Rare Units [185 pts] ++
1 Dreadquake Mortar [185 pts]
(Dreadquake Mortar, Hand Weapons, Heavy armour, Ogre Loader)

Kind of a remix of the first two. This one is built to try out both the Lamassu and the Tauā€™ruk.

2 Likes

I really like Nr 3:
Somewhat Character heavy, But thatā€™s what an opponent will bring also.
I may be a slow clumsy painter [ Troll Hands } but Iā€™ve played WH for 40 some years.
Have you ever played yourself?
Make up each of these armies on cards, unless you have all the models to make all three.
Set up on a table and play yourself. It will show you what works and what does not. Also the strengthā€™s and weaknesses of each army.
I came up with some killer undefeated Chaos Armies this way.
You will never play a harder opponent than yourself.
APH

Thatā€™s actually an interesting proposition :thinking: Iā€™ve never done that, no, apart from seeing what happened if an end times verminlord got into it with a semi stacked daemon prince in 8th.

I donā€™t have the models yet, but Iā€™m so close to ordering the next batch! First order was infantry, characters on foot and some war machines, now comes the big stuff - bulltaurs, iron daemon, tauruses, all customized :drooling_face: Canā€™t wait.

A verminlord corruptor will routinely take out a daemon prince btw :sweat_smile: And did so, when the time came:

3 Likes

I did not know that, I would have bet money on the Daemon Prince.
Nice, enjoy all the new swag.

1 Like

Hah! I did it! :sweat_smile: I cut out some Ā½ sized 2d models for the Iron Daemon and Bale Taurus lists and pitted them against each other. Managed to play a 2k game in about 2 hours.

Didnā€™t have the foresight to take pictures, so this morning I put the things where they approximately were. Looked like this:

The Iron Daemon list whiffed, rolling misfires on both war machines turn 1, the dreadquake exploding itself :exploding_head: In addition to that, it was a one-sided fight. The Bale Taurus has great movement and the Ironsworn are pointy brick slabs that wouldnā€™t even move when the Iron Daemon eventually caught them. Bulltaurs are nice against things they can bully, but donā€™t stand up to prolonged fighting, as it turned out.

Clear winner here in the Bale Taurus list, although the Iron Daemon was a daunting prospect.

1 Like

Perfect, glad it worked. NOW play the same armies 2 more times. BUT add a few obstacles, a book [hill], can O beer [tower], dog squeaky toy [ giant dog squeaky toy ] etc.
Make up some other armies like Croaker had to deal with, Fast tricksy elves. Always been an issue with slow armies.
This really helps you see your army and what it takes to kill it.
ALSO of note, said can o beer can be empty.
Cheers mate.
LLH

1 Like