[TOW] Black Orc Chariot or not?

Quick one here:

So Black Orc bosses from O&G tribes using the Nomads army comp can now ride on a whopping black orc chariot.

Our army list says to use the black orc character entries in the “o&g tribes list”

Can we use the nomad comp and bring a hulking blorc chariot?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

2 Likes

I’ll answer my own question for posterity:

So the nomad list doesn’t even have black orc mobs, since they’re all mounted (except for giants, ofc). A nomad black boss on a chariot would need his “Boyz” to be black orc chariots, which CD’s for sure can’t take.

Besides that, the ommision of “grand army” in the below, is in all likelihood caused by lack of foresight when writing it. No arcane journal existed for the orcs at the time, so.

1 Like

Yeah we talked about it on the Discord. It’s a mess at this point and, honestly, anyone’s guess.

Black Orc Chariots on their own sure are limited to Nomadic Waaagh. But can any O&G Tribe Grany army have a Black Orc Boss on Black Orc Chariot? RAW in the Arcane Journal would suggest yes, but somehow it doesn’t sit right with me. If yes, that might be an indication that the Black Orc Chariot is just added as a good old mount in the Grand Army list period. I don’t know. If we have a look at the Chaos Dwarfs list, it tells us to look at the Black Orc Boss entry in the O&G tribes army list. There is nothing about Black Orc Chariots in there. RAW therefore might suggest no. It’s a mess really.

“Orc & Goblin Tribes Army List” is the headline in the Ravening Hordes book on page 11. “Grand Army Composition list” is a smaller headline below. In the Arcane Journal, we have “Orc & Goblin Tribes Nomadic Waaagh!” and “Orc & Goblin Tribes Troll Horde”, both with “Army of Infamy composition list”. That means the CD army list refers to the one in the Ravening Hordes. Question remains if stuff from the Arcane Journals permanently changes the grand army composition list. I would argue: No. But stuff (meaning the special characters, for example) from the AJ can definitely also be used in the Grand Army. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes