[TOW] Furious Charge and Ridden Monster/Taurus

The Great Taurus and the Bale Taurus have the Furious Charge universal Special Rule. This rule increases the model’s attack characteristic by one if the model charged. The Ridden Monster rule p. 204 states that the whole model (so both rider and mount are together one model) is treated as the mount’s sub-category of troop type. The Split Profile (Ridden Monster) rule on p. 204 states on the first bullet point that Unless noted otherwise, any special rules that apply to one element (character or mount) apply to the other as well. So, a prophet or a daemon smith will get the +1 attack too if the model makes a charge?
Your thoughts?

No, that’s only on the Mount. I don’t even care about RAW here.

Hmm everywhere else it is mentioned in brackets or in the special rule description for which part of a split profile model the rule applies, for example the unicorn or the Boar Chariot’s tusker charge, the Razorgor Chariot etc. But for both the Lammasu (Armour Bane) and the Taurus (Furious Charge) it is not there. Other legacy armies like the ogres’ Stone Horn have the Armour Bane rule explicitly for the mount while the Lizardmen Old Blood has Furious Charge that only applies for the rider. The high Elves fire phoenix has flaming attacks as universal rule instead of giving it to the weapons like the Taurus so a potential rider would also gain this rule.
I believe it is intended otherwise it would have been clarified by the latest FAQ. Total mess…

Also GW stated in the FAQ that there are mounts that have for example the counter charge rule when taken by a certain character but the same mount does not have this rule for other chars and they explained it with the skills of the potential rider. So why should it not be ok to argue that a furious Taurus can make its rider furious too. Utter no sense like GW’s explanation :smiley:

Sorry, should have explained more :slight_smile:

There’s no arguing with the RAW I guess. The mount has the USR and it doesn’t say that it does not also affect the rider.

I just don’t think I’ll play it like that. IDK, for me that’s a rule for the Taurus.

For sure it’s a long explanation one will have to give every time people are left scratching their heads when you say “the bull has furious charge, so my guy has +1 attack”

One could on the other hand just say “it’s something they did to make a combat wizard a more viable option” and leave it at that.

1 Like

That’s fair.